Default Re: Annual Track Day Discussion

Can we go to Cadwell one year pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeee
Old 13-07-09, 09:34 PM   #32
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I love the idea of an Annual Trackday and i agree with Cazza that it'd be easier to do it thru an organiser and make sure we get a decent discount.

I'm still in 2 minds if it should be at various tracks every year ... or always at Brands, lol. There is good arguments for both ideas so i'm really torn there.

however on the plus side, it was such a nice feeling to be on track with so many peeps/bikes i recognised
i agree with you both here, it would be great to have an annual TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Yeh Brands is nice for all of us who live down this way but is it being a little thoughtless to those who live a long, long way away from it?

I know Zombie Jezus made the effort from Wales but is that because Brands is the track of choice worth travelling for or just cos loads of us were going and it fitted in well for him.

I know if this thread was posted say by Northy and he was suggesting it be Knockhill every year then the idea would appeal less as it'll be too costly.

I'm not going on a free trackday at Oulton Pk cos its just too far to justify for a few sessions, are we limiting numbers by suggesting its Brands every year i wonder?
this is exactly what i was thinking (plus i think brands is soooo overpriced), i'd love it to be somewhere like silverstone, as it's more towards the midlands for everyone and absolutely nothing to do with it being my favourite track
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 09:45 PM   #33
flymo
Mega Poster

Oulton, Oulton, Oulton

Just pick one, if people want to they'll come. You'll never please everybody.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 10:00 PM   #34
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I think it definately needs to change each year. The thought of Brands year in year out sounds a bit dull to me and would put me off, aswell as the extremely high price for a relatively short circuit. (i know it has other factors meaning the higher price though)

Cadwell offers a lot for little money in comparison.

What about the possibility off getting two annually. No one is going to be forced to go to either none or both. There could be an emphasis on one over the other though, maybe a 'main' event and 'support' event? This way people could gauge thier performance as SK suggested.

Quote:
feel a sense of progression as to how you did this time against last time.
On a side note i, for one, would be happy travelling some distance if there was somewhere to kip and many others were going too.

Final query, many of the Donington days have been on non Friday weekdays this year. It could be similar on many tracks next year too, meaning if people were to attend and travel distance they'd need two days of work...

I'll put my full support behind this idea though, as it's a great plan and have been thinking of something similar myself.
Old 13-07-09, 10:06 PM   #35
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Ahem cough Rockingham.
Quite central reasonably priced and a good sv circuit as its mainly corners.
Its also good for all levels as its easy to learn and ride but difficult to get right and ride really fast.
Old 13-07-09, 10:09 PM   #36
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Ahem cough Rockingham.
Quite central reasonably priced and a good sv circuit as its mainly corners.
Its also good for all levels as its easy to learn and ride but difficult to get right and ride really fast.
It's a little bland though. Don't get me wrong, i had a whale of a time when i went there. But i can't help but feel other circuits will offer us a lot more in terms of entertainment, catering, hospitallity etc.

What about a pole to gauge people desired tracks. Then when the dates are released for next year look at securing and booking a date for us to sign up for.
Old 14-07-09, 07:37 AM   #37
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
It's a little bland though. Don't get me wrong, i had a whale of a time when i went there. But i can't help but feel other circuits will offer us a lot more in terms of entertainment, catering, hospitallity etc.

What about a pole to gauge people desired tracks. Then when the dates are released for next year look at securing and booking a date for us to sign up for.
+1 (sort of). I've heard reports from 2 completely separate people (who do a fair amount of track days) that Rockingham is boring. I was confused as the track layout looked OK, and it's relatively cheap, but they said it's actually boring. I dunno if it's altitude changes (lack of) or something like that?

Anyway this site is good for looking at track layouts http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/
Old 14-07-09, 08:04 AM   #38
Owenski

How many bikers usually attend a track day? I mean in total, not just of org decendancy.
Old 14-07-09, 08:11 AM   #39
Demonz

I think Rockingham is alright trackwise but it is a little flat. If I had to choose between it and Brands the latter would have it because of Paddock Hill for thrills. But its normally cheap at Rockingham which is a good thing.
Old 14-07-09, 08:37 AM   #40
Owenski

I've read the whole thread now, my comments would be fizzwheel is spot on about never been able to please everyone but it shouldnt be in a perminant location which excludes people either.

If it was to be a ORG AT then surely it should be managed in the same way as AR. One section each year could organise an official AT that way more people from all over the UK will be able to take part over the years.

Im coming darn sarf for the the AR this year but if a brands track day was within a month of it I wouldnt be doing the journey twice, and with misses wanting to be a part of my life etc it'd have to be the AR which means I'd miss the AT and Im thinking Im not alone in those circumstances.

If we could get high enough numbers to be able to invade a track and hold it as an ORG fort for the day then I'd be more inclined to come, the biggest factor putting me off the experiance at the moment is that riding with strangers I wouldnt want to either hold them up and ruin their day or even be on their behinds and scare them silly but if its you lot I couldnt care less lol, you know what I mean we'd be more smypathetic to each others ability as a group attending.

Making a weekend of it does sound appealing I'd maybe leave out the heavy drinking the night before though

Ill finish how I started, who ever takes the plunge and organises the first ORG AT you wont please everyone but try to exclude as few people as possible. We still have our local ride outs every so often its just that there is only one AR, in much the same vein there is nothing to stop smaller groups organising Trackdays but there would only be one AT.

peace out