SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 01-06-09, 08:21 PM   #31
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rant Rant Rant Bloody fair weather crotch riders

Sorry I have to say I am one for those riders then as I am crap in corners ..... but I will never improve if I dont get out there.

So I will hog the roads of Staffordshire til I improve and if anyone comes across me ..... just overtake me and don't critise me as I am doing my best !

This is why I never will be found on a ride out ..... cause I know how people feel about riders like me and I won't slow anyone down.

I have fears due to my off and my injury still wont allow me to ride far.

So does that mean I pi$$ off all other bikers on the road????
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 08:30 PM   #32
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Sorry I have to say I am one for those riders then as I am crap in corners ..... but I will never improve if I dont get out there.

So I will hog the roads of Staffordshire til I improve and if anyone comes across me ..... just overtake me and don't critise me as I am doing my best !

This is why I never will be found on a ride out ..... cause I know how people feel about riders like me and I won't slow anyone down.

I have fears due to my off and my injury still wont allow me to ride far.

So does that mean I pi$$ off all other bikers on the road????
Not at all. There is a difference between riding slowly, and riding fast badly.

Riding slowly is fine, it's the people who go round corners like poofs then hammer it on the straights who are annoying, as you can't get past them without doing something silly.

Same attitude prevails on rideouts, all the ones round here have had a very chilled attitude towards anyone who wants to bimble and relax.

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 01-06-09 at 08:31 PM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 08:37 PM   #33
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post

Same attitude prevails on rideouts, all the ones round here have had a very chilled attitude towards anyone who wants to bimble and relax.
I see where this thread maybe coming from then .... fair nuf.

I wont go on rideouts for my fear of holding people up and tothers slagging off my riding. I am nervous enough and I have heard people critise others.

I remember going pillion with Kwak on Marches Meander, there was a Gixer group who hooned past us on the straights, we went round a corner and it had a pub on it and there was a Gixer nose into the wall, just stopped in time LOL. Suppose I will never do that ha ha ha
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 01-06-09, 08:58 PM   #34
Bluepete
Mega Poster

It's not just bikes Mark, to$$ers is cars do the same thing. I had my ESP on full today, it kept me out of trouble a few times, but this guy takes the biscuit. Watch for the black Focus, you can't see it until after I react, but trust me, my **** was doing it's best to ingest the bike seat.

It took a hug lunge to the left to avoid him, lucky there was no gravel in tthe verge really.

I have to say though, Monday rides are better than weekend rides! Less traffic in general

[IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/conker51/th_Wrongside*******.jpg[/IMG]

Pete

Last edited by Bluepete; 01-06-09 at 09:04 PM.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 09:01 PM   #35
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Riding slowly is fine, it's the people who go round corners like poofs then hammer it on the straights who are annoying, as you can't get past them without doing something silly.
Yeah, I agree..straight line warriors should be restricted to 400cc till they learnt they can lean further than 15 degrees.
Old 01-06-09, 09:32 PM   #36
Bluefish

ok, so everybody posting these replys i take it has never had an off, just cos everybody sais yerr weekend warriors there ****, unless you personally know the people replying and if they can ride or not they might be exactly the people the rant is over. ps i'm an ace rider . org trackday sometime maybe.
Old 01-06-09, 09:38 PM   #37
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
It's not just bikes Mark, to$$ers is cars do the same thing. I had my ESP on full today, it kept me out of trouble a few times, but this guy takes the biscuit. Watch for the black Focus, you can't see it until after I react, but trust me, my **** was doing it's best to ingest the bike seat.

It took a hug lunge to the left to avoid him, lucky there was no gravel in tthe verge really.

I have to say though, Monday rides are better than weekend rides! Less traffic in general

[IMG]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/conker51/th_Wrongside*******.jpg[/IMG]

Pete

pete thats nothing, nearly everytime i go round the mini r/bout near my house the cages slam their anchors on and it's smidsy time, it's happened about five times now, one of them will get us one day.
Old 01-06-09, 09:54 PM   #38
rob13

I'd love to be just a fair weather rider, but unfortunately that would mean not having the pleasure of riding the bike between the months of September and May. I cant really last that long. Even between June and August, there arent that many perfect days. The last 2 days have been too hot for me to ride!
Old 01-06-09, 10:05 PM   #39
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

You can't be a fair weather rider and live in England, that would mean you only ride one week out of every year.

Old 01-06-09, 10:08 PM   #40
Razor

I nearly had a head on with a guy on a RD350 over the weekend and today a bloke on a KTM RC8 nearly wheelied into the back of my car... If I hadn't seen him coming and swung towards the kerb he would have... World is full of frikkin' muppets...