SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-05-06, 07:35 PM   #31
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W
winding people up for the sake of it on sensitive subjects doesn't seem to me what an internet forum should be about.
Couldn't agree more...........shame some people on here seem to do it for kicks
Old 27-05-06, 04:36 AM   #32
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
If you feel the need to appologise maybe you should start your own appology thread and not hijack someone elses? just a thought.
FFS. He can't do anything right by some people, can he?
no
Old 27-05-06, 08:33 AM   #33
BabyJ

Sorry but I'm with Northwind on this one.

I know some things were said and issues were raised and some feelings were hurt but, as far as I know, this is mostly adults on here and if we can't act like adults and accept an apology when one is given then how are we to carry on??

If you can't accept an apology then I'd hate to be your wife/husband and on the receiveing end of an argument. You would be forever angry. How can you live like that?

Life is about accepting people for who they are; and accepting at times that we are not always right.

The guy felt he was wrong and he said sorry.

That should be enough.

Life is too short.
Old 27-05-06, 11:59 AM   #34
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Quote:
If you feel the need to appologise maybe you should start your own appology thread and not hijack someone elses? just a thought.
FFS. He can't do anything right by some people, can he? The man just apologised, and it was in a sensible place to put it, since they both relate to the same thread. How is that hijacking? If anything, you've hijacked the thread yourself to let off some anti GYKD steam, which was completely irrelevant to the original.
I've got no anti GYKD steam in me mate. See here for my normal response to a post by Joe.
If you look at the suicide thread i didnt post a single thing in there.

My simple point was that if he had started his own appology thread maybe more people wouuld have seen it and put their responses to him in there.

I think that by mixing his appology in with Lissa's it diluted any real appology from him. After all Lissa said very little to annoy anyone and she felt like appologising for her own reasons, GYKD knew he had upset a lot of people and even went back to change his original comments in the suicide thread so that others who had not read his original comments would not see why everyone was having a pop at him.

If I felt i needed to appologise to the forum as a group then i would deinately start my own thread so people could see it and respond to me and the issues i may have caused them. I felt it was unfair to hijack Lisa's thread for what could have become a 5 page debate about how Joe had upset certain members.

And if you look closely Northy, you will see i did say "just a thought"
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-06, 12:03 PM   #35
Warthog

I agree with Northwind. Also from a complete third person point of view, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23

i dont think appologies are needed as we should be able to move on, forgive and forget.

but i will appologise too.

sorry guys!
You acted like a total pillock and i doubt anyone cares for your apology
was completely uncalled for.
Old 27-05-06, 02:08 PM   #36
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog
I agree with Northwind. Also from a complete third person point of view, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Quote:
Originally Posted by socommk23

i dont think appologies are needed as we should be able to move on, forgive and forget.

but i will appologise too.

sorry guys!
You acted like a total pillock and i doubt anyone cares for your apology
was completely uncalled for.
You are welcome to your opinion as i am to mine
Old 27-05-06, 02:24 PM   #37
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
But your 'opinion' is just basically personal abuse - no reasoned argument or even credible input.

Exactly what we should try to avoid & what this forum DOESN'T need !!
Old 27-05-06, 03:56 PM   #38
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
But your 'opinion' is just basically personal abuse - no reasoned argument or even credible input.

Exactly what we should try to avoid & what this forum DOESN'T need !!
I re read the thread and i still stand by with what i said and if anyone has a problem with that well tough!!!
Old 27-05-06, 06:09 PM   #39
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
I think that by mixing his appology in with Lissa's it diluted any real appology from him.
I'm going to further derail Lissa's apology with my own You got painted with the wrong brush there Spidey, I can see you meant it genuinely and not as a dig.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-06, 06:13 PM   #40
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

[quote="northwind"]
Quote:
Quote:
I think that by mixing his appology in with Lissa's it diluted any real appology from him.
I'm going to further derail Lissa's apology with my own You got painted with the wrong brush there Spidey, I can see you meant it genuinely and not as a dig.
Ah, glad that came across Northy.

Its great when we all get on and see eye to eye innit?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote