SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-07-11, 09:36 AM   #31

Default Re: Best interviewee ever

a few days after starting at this place as a design coordinator, I was called into the MD's office and ask what I knew about computers,

this went as far as me mentioning that I once built a home computer from scratch,

I now look after nearly all aspects of our IT, what I don't do myself I have to manage the outsourcing.
Old 28-07-11, 02:50 PM   #32
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I did have to call the IT department to say that those little bottles of yogurty stuff full of friendly bacteria may be good for my insides but it appeared they were not so good for my PC's insides as it had just died after I spilled a bottle all over the open CD tray and then managed to close it. This was a week after I'd spilled 500ml of Lucozade all over my PC.

Their helpful suggestion was that I got a baby's bottle for all future liquid refreshments.
Old 28-07-11, 09:00 PM   #33
DJFridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I did have to call the IT department to say that those little bottles of yogurty stuff full of friendly bacteria may be good for my insides but it appeared they were not so good for my PC's insides as it had just died after I spilled a bottle all over the open CD tray and then managed to close it. This was a week after I'd spilled 500ml of Lucozade all over my PC.

Their helpful suggestion was that I got a baby's bottle for all future liquid refreshments.
LOL! You probably shouldn't be allowed electronics to play with!
Old 28-07-11, 09:04 PM   #34
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post

Their helpful suggestion was that I got a, my first computer for all future work assignments.
Old 29-07-11, 07:12 AM   #35
keith_d
Mega Poster

One more prank.

Plug a cordless mouse into someone else's computer, stick a post-it note on the bottom of their mouse and stand nearby roughly replicating their movements with your cordless mouse.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-11, 07:27 AM   #36

I have had two laptops left on trains... and my colleague lost his new HTC HD7 within 8 days of us getting it....

the joke is around here, if you want a new laptop, leave your old one on a train.
Old 29-07-11, 07:56 AM   #37
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post

the joke is around here, if you want a new laptop, leave your old one on a train.
Especially if you work for the government...
Old 29-07-11, 08:07 AM   #38
phi-dan

Quote:
but it's the only way to get around the "no money in the budget" excuse
Old 29-07-11, 10:36 AM   #39
Twed650

i work on a service desk and support about 4000 users and all of which have admin rights, alot of the time its a good thing cos they're not stupid, although when we get complete idiots coming into the company, its hell! they install their own software, illegal software, key gens, the lot! lol

we play tricks on each other around the service desk, put scripts in the startup menu, etc. although a favourite is putting a bit of parcel tape over the laser on the mouses which stops them from moving the cursor! lol

Quote:
your local cache profile is corrupt for your off line files, it needs deleting and re syncing.

hth
or there could be a policy in place on his profile that puts the files there..?

Last edited by Twed650; 29-07-11 at 10:40 AM.