SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-09, 10:11 AM   #31
Mej
Mega Poster

Default Re: Is it wrong what i did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
He has no reason to hate bikers as it wasn't a random attack, the guy told him to **** off...as he was trying to help another to be safer.
Thats probabably what would have done it for me, the **** off.

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:14 AM   #32
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2UK View Post
Thats probabably what would have done it for me, the **** off.
Yeah that would put anyone's back up, but sometimes it's best not to rise to it if it puts you in a confrontational situation. As people have said, people go by stereotypes, one "rebel" motorcyclist makes everyone likely to be tarred with that same brush.
Old 05-03-09, 10:16 AM   #33
timwilky
Mega Poster

This morning I had to take the wife to work, as I returned home and was driving round the block I was confronted by a woman/child driving in the middle of the road and forced to stop whilst she got herself back to her side of the road.

As she passed me I saw she was gassing mobile in hand and mouth "Put the effing phone down", carried on my way and pulled up outside my home to see her emerging opposite my house.

Her response on seeing me was to point to her nose and mouth "keep it out".

Idiots don't learn, they think they are in the right. yet if her precious had been injured as a result of her not concentrating on her driving. Of course it would be somebody else's fault.
Old 05-03-09, 10:16 AM   #34
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I would have probably gone for the one who was in the way instead tbh.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post

Idiots don't learn, they think they are in the right. yet if her precious had been injured as a result of her not concentrating on her driving. Of course it would be somebody else's fault.
So true. There is almost no point in debating people's actions rationally with them and even then only in fairly limited circumstances, certainly not whilst your out on the road and they're in control of a vehicle. They'll always seek to justify them, or somehow blame you, just because they're angry at being told off. At the back of my mind, I think only the threat/fear of reprisals is what stops people the few times they do stop what they're doing when you have a go at them. I've noticed people are far more inclined to argue back when I calmy discuss it with them. It's when I'm snarling and shaking my fist that they tend to stop what it is that they're doing...

Last edited by Ceri JC; 05-03-09 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-03-09, 10:21 AM   #35
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
This morning I had to take the wife to work, as I returned home and was driving round the block I was confronted by a woman/child driving in the middle of the road and forced to stop whilst she got herself back to her side of the road.

As she passed me I saw she was gassing mobile in hand and mouth "Put the effing phone down", carried on my way and pulled up outside my home to see her emerging opposite my house.

Silly sl4gs like that do annoy me a lot. When they get in the way I have been known to take great pleasure in expanding their little brats vocabulary for them. ... "mummmmy, what does that word meannn..."

Seems a perfectly legal way of causing annoyance without getting all flakes of paint stuck in my toesliders.
Old 05-03-09, 10:23 AM   #36
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
So true. There is almost no point in debating people's actions rationally with them and even then only in fairly limited circumstances,
You can't educate pork.

However you can make sausages out of it. So, new law, numpty drivers will be chopped up and fed to the poor. Could be onto something there...
Old 05-03-09, 10:24 AM   #37
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Yeah that would put anyone's back up, but sometimes it's best not to rise to it if it puts you in a confrontational situation. As people have said, people go by stereotypes, one "rebel" motorcyclist makes everyone likely to be tarred with that same brush.
It's worst when they jump an amber light in there posh 4x4 they don't need and don't guess the traffic right because they were on the phone and end up blocking the side road who's light's just turned to green for the whole duration of the green light. effing tanker
Old 05-03-09, 10:30 AM   #38
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:

Still you know where she lives/can get a record of her reg number and phone the plod.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 11:03 AM   #39
Kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch107fm View Post
So i then got on my bike started it up and then drove calmly by his car and decked his wing mirror off.
You know that's criminal damage, right? Makes you worse than him, in the eyes of the law.

Still, at least it made you feel better. Thank goodness he didn't try and return the favour, eh?

You shouldn't be on the road.
Old 05-03-09, 11:07 AM   #40
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
You shouldn't be on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch107fm (actually Soulkiss)
"Yes sir, I'll go sell my bike tomorrow, sorry sir."
Is that the response you expect?

Pesonally I sit alongside them and lean on my horn, keeping pace with them.

They soon put the phone away.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)

Last edited by SoulKiss; 05-03-09 at 11:26 AM.
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote