SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-09, 04:17 PM   #31
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: What Tyres To Put On? Sticky Tyres.

I'm considering them now but don't wanna pick them if theyll handle worse and do a lot worse in the wet. Specially as we're going into the wettest bit of the year
Old 20-10-09, 04:19 PM   #32
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

They don't look to have as much tread as the storms, charlie reckoned they weren't as good in the wet but were better in the dry.*

*disclaimer; I was busily throwing ale down my neck at the time, so the facts of the conversation may not have been accurately transmitted.
Old 22-10-09, 01:01 AM   #33
SV650R

Hi Guys, I Just Want To Thank You All For Your Replies I Guess We All Have Diffrent Opinions Lol, My Dad Kept Telling Me To Just Get A Set Of Avon Storms Bought But I Was Unsure Of How Sticky They Would Be For Knee Down Angles Seems Alot Of You Praising Them On Here, Myself I Was Looking Towards The Avon Viper's VP2's But Also New They Would Be Low Mileage Tyres, I No You Cant Have Both But Was Looking For Around 5000 Miles, Thats Not Alot HaHa, Just Taking Of My Original MEZ'4s. Bikes Done 8500 Miles On Them, Quite Surprised At Them Really, Did A Track Day 2 Week Ago, Weather Was Cold But Nice Day, Tires Stood Up To Grinding The Peg's, Never Thought Id See That Day On Them Tyres, WELL I Was Lost For What Tyres To Put On, & Didnt Want To Waste £180 / £200 On Tyres & Find Out I Didnt Like Them So For Now Ive Bought Myself A Set Of Scrub's Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's, My Tyres Was Illegal So Had To Change Them, Going To Run The Dragon's Till They Get Low & Then See About Some Avon's Maybe Will Let You Guys Know How I Get On With The Dragon Supercorsa Pro's, Might Not Get Chance To Use Them Much Now Though, Bike Will Not Get Used During The Sh*t Weather. ROLL ON SUMMER Thanks Again For Your WriteUp's Guys, Have Took It In Mind

Last edited by SV650R; 22-10-09 at 01:03 AM.
Old 22-10-09, 01:50 AM   #34
barwel1992

i have maxxis sportmaxx on my sv650 well i can say they are pants in the wet :/ not sure if it was because we hadent had rain in the while so was verry greasy or they are just pants, they are good in the dry thogh and brill on the M way (did 260 miles and dident square off at all) found them to be a bit sketchy to day when trying to get my knee down but that could just be because its my first time trying on this bike.

on my MT-03 i have BT21's and can say they are fantastic have had them on a good 3500 miles and look like maybe another 2-4000 miles depends how the "new owner"(when we find one) rides it i have pushed it prety much to its limits and can say they felt more sure footed on the lean and amazingly good in the wet plus the rear is dual compound so you get nice stickie sides and a hard center, this was with running 46psi in the rear and 36 in the front. the one big down side is the price :/ about £120 per wheel (cheeper if done at the same time)