SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-12-07, 09:40 AM   #31
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Team .Org

Any more votes on green? I like black still

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 09:42 AM   #32
plowsie

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-ZZR60...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 19-12-07, 09:51 AM   #33
Pedro68

I quite like the green ... although you could combine the 2 (black and green) in something like this
Old 19-12-07, 09:52 AM   #34
Alpinestarhero

Pedro, i like that. Cant be that neat though - this is a budget team and we need to look like that so if we ever won it'll really annoy other teams. Halfords spray paints?

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 09:56 AM   #35
Pedro68

Sod that Matt ... if you want budget ... tin of Hammerite on a standard green bike will do
Old 19-12-07, 10:05 AM   #36
Blue_SV650S

Only just seen this thread … I feel quite honoured/tearful that I was nominated (and furthermore that no one then de-nominated me!! ).

Would I want to be the .org rider?? Dunno, prehaps … (read on).

Lets start at the most important bit … Seems lots of people are happy to give up their time to the cause and are enthusiastic, but I’ll ask the biggest question … where will the money come from???

p.s. take it from me (I have race in supersport myself (and owned a ZZR600 )) i think i can say with authority that you'd be wasting your time with a ZZR in supersport, don't even consider it!!
Old 19-12-07, 10:16 AM   #37
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Lets start at the most important bit … Seems lots of people are happy to give up their time to the cause and are enthusiastic, but I’ll ask the biggest question … where will the money come from???

p.s. take it from me (I have race in supersport myself (and owned a ZZR600 )) i think i can say with authority that you'd be wasting your time with a ZZR in supersport, don't even consider it!!
Bump

vvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I'll have a word with my mate Valentino, me and him go way back and i've taught him all i know about racing, he may be able to fund us for a season
Old 19-12-07, 10:18 AM   #38
Alpinestarhero

See, plowsie has hit it on the button, he's gonna talk to his mate valentino, whom i expect is the same one who works for yamaha in motogp?

Dont worry blue, its just a bit of fun, a "what if"

We're really gonna nab your GSXR-beating SV and enter it in BSB. Will you ride?

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 10:19 AM   #39
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
Sod that Matt ... if you want budget ... tin of Hammerite on a standard green bike will do
I like that idea, hammerite is good stuff so shouldnt scuff off to easily in a spill. saves money

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 10:23 AM   #40
Dicky Ticker

Why don't you try your hand at endurance i.e.2 X 2hour sessions 3 bikes 20 laps a stint. Its a lot cheaper than racing,a great crowd with a social life incl.We do 10 different tracks in the season which costs us about £4000 per bike against racing which was costing in excess of £10,000 per bike.
It takes a lot of commitment and time so don't go at it lightly cos once the bug gets you you find yourself in hook line and sinker. You become very competetive
Example,My son uses a two year old moded Kwak636 in full race trim but we are seriously looking at a new Triumph675Daytona with a few tweeks for next year. 3 sets of tyres on wheels Slick,intermediate and wets plus different sprocket set ups A set of tyres last us
2 meetings
Obviously this is at the serious end of the spectrum but we started with ordinary road bikes and it just grew from that