SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 15-01-08, 11:54 PM   #31
metalmonkey

Default Re: Trackday anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBikerchick View Post
i want to but can't just too damn scared !!!!!!
I'm going So why don't you come as well, you as fast as you want to! Do it fast it goes wrong....besides its fun, I'm doing one this month, so at least it will be warmer.
Old 16-01-08, 03:53 AM   #32
monkey

Any Sohoers taking a van? Just in case of course.

Weether, March. Weather, March. What's the weather usually like at the end of March? Will super sticky stupid tyres get warm enough if it's dry?
Old 16-01-08, 09:38 AM   #33
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
come on BBC you know you want to! anyway a bit of fear is heathy - keeps you out of the gravel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Any Sohoers taking a van? Just in case of course.

Weether, March. Weather, March. What's the weather usually like at the end of March? Will super sticky stupid tyres get warm enough if it's dry?
Tyres will get plenty warm enough on the track (what type are you thinking of using BTW?), though its sooooo important to make sure you take it easy for the three warm up laps on each session

Not sure anyone going from here has a van, but there are some other people coming from the ZX-10 website, and a few of them do have vans/trailers. If worst comes to worst (and please make sure it doesn't!) I'm sure something could be sorted out. Oh and make sure you have breakdown cover too, PM me if that bit needs explaining.
Old 16-01-08, 04:13 PM   #34
monkey

I've got a Daytona 675 with Pirelli Dragons on it. Only done trackdays on the D220s on the SV and Z6s. Bit nervous the tyres won't get up to temp with me on board.
Old 16-01-08, 07:20 PM   #35
chris8886
Mega Poster

i have a van although i don't think it's big enough for my bike to go into (citroen berlingo), but i will probably borrow my workmates one which is a relay (if i can fix the bike to the floor (it has a wooden floor!!)). if it's possible to fix em down then i can probably get another 2 bikes in, which would fill all 3 seats. if anyone would want to come in that. i will be going that way if i can.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-08, 07:57 PM   #36
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
i have a van although i don't think it's big enough for my bike to go into (citroen berlingo), but i will probably borrow my workmates one which is a relay (if i can fix the bike to the floor (it has a wooden floor!!)). if it's possible to fix em down then i can probably get another 2 bikes in, which would fill all 3 seats. if anyone would want to come in that. i will be going that way if i can.
Yup I would to put my bike in van, some tools ect thats ACE! Lets sort out getting togther with the van and bikes near the time
Old 17-01-08, 08:59 PM   #37
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Hmmmmmm... Interesting, even I might want to play that day. Maybe.

Quote:
There's no need to be scared, think of a trackday as a sunday rideout with all the rubbish bits removed, there's no-one going the other way, no manhole covers, no-one pulling out on you, in the unlikely event of anything slippy on the road someone will wave a flag at you and tell you about it, and no surprises as all the corners will be known to you once you've been 'round a couple of times.
Not meaning you, but I'm surprised at some of the people who are disinclined to ride on the track especially when you see the way they ride on the road, which has risks that the track simply doesn't involve.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-08, 12:34 AM   #38
Jester666

Uncle Sid coming out on track! Cooooool! Someone to follow and learn from!!
Old 18-01-08, 08:56 AM   #39
Fizzy Fish

OK I'm booked in now, so get your cheque books/debit cards out and onto the Hottrax website:

http://www.hottrax-online.com/produc...ducts_id=15159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
Hmmmmmm... Interesting, even I might want to play that day. Maybe.
all bow before the mighty Squid!
Old 18-01-08, 08:57 AM   #40
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Uncle Sid coming out on track! Cooooool! Someone to watch disappearing rapidly into the distance
corrected for you