SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-10-08, 10:40 PM   #31
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: NW4 Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Actually he was a law unto himself. He explained that on Sunday there is supposed to be zero tolerance but still he exercised discretion.
just as well he was not a jobsworth then.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 10:43 PM   #32
xXBADGERXx

I went past him and he popped his radar gun down , held 4 fingers up and was shaking his head . I SWEAR on my family`s life I was doing 37mph , I had seen the 40 limit on the hill where Hovis was marking AND the massive one that was in Red Shell Grip on the actual A5 itself . No idea what his gun told him but I was NOT doing over 40 . Makes you think about their Radar doesn`t it ?

Oh and there were cars in front of me definately NOT doing 40 so I would have hit them if I was going any faster , kept a 2 second gap as per usual .

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 01-10-08 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 10:44 PM   #33
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I went past him and he popped his radar gun down , held 4 fingers up and was shaking his head . I SWEAR on my family`s life I was doing 37mph , I had seen the 40 limit on the hill where Hovis was marking AND the massive one that was in Red Shell Grip on the actual A5 itself . No idea what his gun told him but I was NOT doing over 40 . Makes you think about their Radar doesn`t it

Would imagine that was more of what he perceived to be a threat and he was totally ****ed off that you weren`t doing above 40!
Old 01-10-08, 11:14 PM   #34
petevtwin650

Well if you look at where the junction is that we pulled out from a standing start, and we were throttling back by the time we entered the village, makes you wonder.

Still let me off loads of other stuff though.
Old 01-10-08, 11:18 PM   #35
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Nice videos Seggs. Are you editing them by just watching it all and taking out the less adventurous bits???
Old 02-10-08, 06:04 AM   #36
Seggons

That is exactly what I'm doing, but I'm watching it at 4 or 6 times the normal speed (fast forward basically).
Old 02-10-08, 07:19 AM   #37
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggons View Post
That is exactly what I'm doing, but I'm watching it at 4 or 6 times the normal speed (fast forward basically).
you were going well out there, no need to speed the footage up benny hill style
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 09:04 AM   #38
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I went past him and he popped his radar gun down , held 4 fingers up and was shaking his head . I SWEAR on my family`s life I was doing 37mph , I had seen the 40 limit on the hill where Hovis was marking AND the massive one that was in Red Shell Grip on the actual A5 itself . No idea what his gun told him but I was NOT doing over 40 . Makes you think about their Radar doesn`t it ?

Oh and there were cars in front of me definately NOT doing 40 so I would have hit them if I was going any faster , kept a 2 second gap as per usual .
Is it possible you misinterpreted his signal? Was he saying "40" then the shake of the head to say you were under that? Only saying that with hindsight as the guy seemed ok with others in the group. As stated elsewhere, if I was travelling under the posted limit and I got that kind of signal, I would pull over and ask what he was trying to tell me (and if he has a high and mighty attitude, challenge him over it!)

Thing is, if there really is a decent traffic cop in N. Wales, lets not pillory him for hand gesture when he let off 3 of our bikes with no action - when each had something he could do them for.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 10:49 AM   #39
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggons View Post
So Bodger was doing 4x37 =148mph??
Hedley was trying to say that was 4 times the limit
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 04:19 PM   #40
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Is it possible you misinterpreted his signal? Was he saying "40" then the shake of the head to say you were under that? Only saying that with hindsight as the guy seemed ok with others in the group. As stated elsewhere, if I was travelling under the posted limit and I got that kind of signal, I would pull over and ask what he was trying to tell me (and if he has a high and mighty attitude, challenge him over it!)

Thing is, if there really is a decent traffic cop in N. Wales, lets not pillory him for hand gesture when he let off 3 of our bikes with no action - when each had something he could do them for.
Well I couldn`t go any faster due to congestion Mike . And I wouldn`t stop to challenge him as we were in a group ride and my exhaust was a tad loud LOL . Fair play to the guy he let everyone off . God knows what he meant , I just nodded in acknowledgement and got a wriggle-on out of there