SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-09-09, 12:00 PM   #31
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Apparently, saving the world is easy!

More of the rainforest is cut down to cultivate soya than to graze animals
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 12:01 PM   #32
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCannon View Post
Anyone seen "Tough Guy Or Chicken"?
They put a couple of guys through a number of harsh environments and have to live out the life of some of the hardiest people in the world.
The only Veggie on the team suffers terribly because he has less strength and endurance, no protection against the cold and in some places couldn't get anything to eat at all that would sustain him and over an extended period would kill him through illness and malnutrition.

save the world, sure...because we'd all be dead or back into medieval times *taken to a logical conclusion*
Vegie is only an option for the west because we ride on the back of the poor, who would never survive as vegies because they wouldn't have the strength and energy to make a living providing us with our luxury

This is just an off the wall opinion and not backed up with in depth thought or research, but then neither is anything PETA spouts so I figure it's par for the course

Doesn't need to be in depth or research based....it is fact. Western civilisations can do it. Other civilisation can't and would just be so lucky to be able to have a choice of what they can and can't eat!
Old 18-09-09, 12:08 PM   #33
davepreston

its simple im the top of the food chain now (situational dependant) so everything below me is quite simply food, clothes or tools.
put them in a cage with a lion with no food and say you or it who's having dinner
to really f them up just ask ok if we let the animals run free and could still survive ,how would you suggest we deal with the multiple desiese's that its been proven (national centre for desiese control) would sweep the world killing not only most of the animals but us as well
Old 18-09-09, 12:08 PM   #34
Bri w

I'm into tolerance.

I'll tolerate your beliefs if you'll tolerate mine.

If however you want to thrust your beliefs down my throat i reserve the right to thrust the teeth you don't use down yours (end of tolerance) - metaphorically that is.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 12:08 PM   #35
chris8886
Mega Poster

as has been said we're omnivores and the reason our appendix (the bit that is supposed to deal with plant matter etc?) can be removed is because it is now not used by our body is it not? meaning that we're no longer designed to be vegetarions.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 12:10 PM   #36
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
its simple im the top of the food chain now (situational dependant) so everything below me is quite simply food, clothes or tools.
Live life like a dog. If you can't eat it or shag it, pi$$ on it and walk off
Old 18-09-09, 12:11 PM   #37
davepreston

Re: Apparently, saving the world is easy!
i think our local friendly web slinger would disagree
Old 18-09-09, 12:19 PM   #38
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Yep, disease would spread at incredible speed and verocity if all animals were released. Some people just won't even entertain the fact that there are other factors. They see what they want to see. My family member is now saying that I might as well kill and eat my dogs! Ok......he's really done well in making his point there hasn't he!
Old 18-09-09, 12:22 PM   #39

The bible actually states that all living things are provided by god to be eaten... Im ok in his book then...

Paul mcnbfeatures... he is very high on my list of famous people to punch should I ever meet them, just next to John Prescott
Old 18-09-09, 12:25 PM   #40
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
The bible actually states that all living things are provided by god to be eaten... Im ok in his book then...

Paul mcnbfeatures... he is very high on my list of famous people to punch should I ever meet them, just next to John Prescott
someone by that person a beer