SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-04-10, 03:30 PM   #391
metalhead19

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Lozzo, it's all very well you getting on your pedestal and saying what's wrong with the system but how about offering an alternative solution? Are you suggesting a 17 year old should be able to ride an R1 straight after passing his test or did you have some other way of introducing experience to riders in mind?
Well then surely its the same with a 17 yr old on a car license passing and getting an evo or something like that?! bike has restriction why doesnt car?!
Just as difficult in enforce. Im not saying the current system shouldnt be there, its good to an extent, but maybe more officers need to be fully trained to deal with traffic such as bike restrictions ect so this situation doesnt happen?
Old 27-04-10, 03:49 PM   #392
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

I agree there are also issues with cars, but the insurance industry is fairly good at keeping such things in perspective and provide some kind of control measure.

Are you really sure you want even more police officers trained up and capable of looking into motorcycle use? One of the main reasons we get left alone so much at the moment is that the rules are so complicated most officers just don't want to get involved.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 03:59 PM   #393
metalhead19

This is true, we do get left alone to a certain extent due to lack of understanding or bike knowledge, but then the OP would not be in this situation if the officers he delt with knew what they were doing, so i guess its 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

But insurance does also restrict new riders on the bikes they get too to an extent just like cars, just the price of the performance vehicle is cheaper for a bike than a car which makes me slightly more accessible.
Old 27-04-10, 04:22 PM   #394
panosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead19 View Post
This is true, we do get left alone to a certain extent due to lack of understanding or bike knowledge, but then the OP would not be in this situation if the officers he delt with knew what they were doing, so i guess its 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

But insurance does also restrict new riders on the bikes they get too to an extent just like cars, just the price of the performance vehicle is cheaper for a bike than a car which makes me slightly more accessible.
I think the whole restriction thingy is wrong. They should have the same policy as in other european countires. e.g 16-18 up to 50cc, 18-21 up to 125, 21 and above up to whatever your pocket can handle. Do you think that even if you are 45 and it is your very first time on a bike you own the road? then it is your own fault if you end up on a tree hanging upside down....common sense is what is missing.....
Old 27-04-10, 04:25 PM   #395
metalhead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosm View Post
I think the whole restriction thingy is wrong. They should have the same policy as in other european countires. e.g 16-18 up to 50cc, 18-21 up to 125, 21 and above up to whatever your pocket can handle. Do you think that even if you are 45 and it is your very first time on a bike you own the road? then it is your own fault if you end up on a tree hanging upside down....common sense is what is missing.....
But by that logic whats to stop a 45 yr old who has just passed their test buying an r1?! They still wont have any experience?! Personally i think the restriction (if there has to be one) should be for everyone for the first year or x amount of miles. That way it stop the people new to biking with big wallets buying a stupidly fast first bike and killing themselves on it due to lack of experience ect....
Old 27-04-10, 04:34 PM   #396
panosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead19 View Post
But by that logic whats to stop a 45 yr old who has just passed their test buying an r1?! They still wont have any experience?! Personally i think the restriction (if there has to be one) should be for everyone for the first year or x amount of miles. That way it stop the people new to biking with big wallets buying a stupidly fast first bike and killing themselves on it due to lack of experience ect....

This is what i mean...COMMON SENSE. if you are born a tw4t then you can also die or get seriously injured like a tw4t. The reason the use 21 and over is becasue up to the age of 21 you are thinking with the wrong "head"....you are supposed to be more mature after that age....if you are not...well it is your problem...
Old 27-04-10, 04:37 PM   #397
BanditPat

Quote:

You my friend have a right to your opinion, which I may or may not agree with, but I'd never be rude about you because of that.

Last edited by Sid Squid; 28-04-10 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Not considering the necessity to be nice.
Old 27-04-10, 04:38 PM   #398
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
there was talk of making the 33bhp ruling so you cant restrict your bike which would work i know its annoying if you have to buy a 250-400cc machine for 33bhp for 2 years then a big bike at the end of your restriction period but it would mean your bikes not going to get seized. this is one of the reasons Kawasaki invested money into making the ZX250R which only makes 30bhp. would this not work better?
To implyment it simply state anyone who passes theres after a date is stuck on a 33bhp bike but if you passed your test before then you ride a restricted bike or would part confuse most police more than it is atm?
That's just going to make people get their license and wait 2 years, <33bhp bikes are bloody expensive for what you get and would be stupidly so if you HAD to get one.

The government are trying to kill off biking altogether with all this sh1te.
Old 27-04-10, 05:14 PM   #399
widepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditPat View Post
You my friend have absolute freedom to express your personal feelings - as long as you play nice.
dont hold back matey

Last edited by Sid Squid; 28-04-10 at 01:31 PM.
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 05:18 PM   #400
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
18-21 on a 125? You off your tits?