SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 29-11-09, 09:42 PM   #391
robh539

Default Re: Mallory Park - 28th November

Binky deffo.
I will be doing a few next year, will be getting a trailer. Same again sounds good to me.
Old 29-11-09, 09:43 PM   #392
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
I''d be up for one in march time Binky.

@Dave - Suspension felt fine for me, although I wasn't pushing as hard as I would in the dry so wasn't really expecting any.

2nd for Edwinas was fine, only did it in 1st when there was slow traffic. Even nicked it into 3rd before the exit on a couple of laps with suprisingly good results for the drive up the hill to the hairpin.

1st for the hairpin was not ideal as first is a bit snatchy/sensitive, but like you, I tried it in 2nd and didn't really work well!
oops by esses I meant the 'bus stop' (?), I found second through edwinas was good too and had plenty of power to scream out of it.
Old 29-11-09, 09:46 PM   #393
TazDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
oops by esses I meant the 'bus stop' (?), I found second through edwinas was good too and had plenty of power to scream out of it.
Ah, erm I used 2nd for the bus stop when it was traffic-free. I fooked that corner a few times and ran over the green/white kerb on the exit a few too many times!
Old 29-11-09, 10:48 PM   #394
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Recently changed the rear shock which eliminated skipping at the rear wheel under braking. (Spiers helped me do the change) Thanks Mr.Spiers, love you.

The front 'shuddered' slightly under braking too which i think i notice more from having a ZX10 shock on the rear.

Gearing wise i used second throug Edwina's and the hairpin. Was a bit sluggish out of the hairpin, but still miles better than doing it in first.

Not that anyone cares. Just trying to wind away my evening.

I'm looking forward to next years riding already.

...And Dave's videos. Get a shifty on.
Old 29-11-09, 10:51 PM   #395
pink and white

i had a great day,like to meet up again.
Old 29-11-09, 11:30 PM   #396
Berlin

Dave, for your corner thing... Slip the Clutch like the 125 stroker boys and 400 racers do. Still in second, just pull the clutch in slightly and get the bike up the revs then feed it back out.

Not sure how long an SV clutch will last doing this but a few times a year isn't going to hurt that much.

Some great photos coming out despite the light and weather problems!

C
Old 30-11-09, 08:45 AM   #397
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Dave, for your corner thing... Slip the Clutch like the 125 stroker boys and 400 racers do. Still in second, just pull the clutch in slightly and get the bike up the revs then feed it back out.

Not sure how long an SV clutch will last doing this but a few times a year isn't going to hurt that much.

Some great photos coming out despite the light and weather problems!

C
I'll have to perfect my technique, I slipped the clutch a bit on the way out successfully one time then the next time round I got a bit exited so quickly stopped doing it! Wasn't sure it was the right thing to do.
Old 30-11-09, 08:53 AM   #398
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Recently changed the rear shock which eliminated skipping at the rear wheel under braking. (Spiers helped me do the change) Thanks Mr.Spiers, love you.

The front 'shuddered' slightly under braking too which i think i notice more from having a ZX10 shock on the rear.

Gearing wise i used second throug Edwina's and the hairpin. Was a bit sluggish out of the hairpin, but still miles better than doing it in first.

Not that anyone cares. Just trying to wind away my evening.

I'm looking forward to next years riding already.

...And Dave's videos. Get a shifty on.
Not sure about the front shuddering under braking never had that would've thought it'd be more to do with the disks or something (if it's violent). I'm definitely putting my sintered pads on asap, whatever's on now fade quite a lot (although like berlin said they could just be glazed).

Think I'll have to take the hairpin a bit faster and in second next time binky
Vids are on their way but work's getting in the way, and my laptops ran out of harddrive space. I'll just do a 5 or 10 mins of best bits I think, can't upload 40 odd minutes of footage.

Is anyone else aching today (apart from the crashees ) my thighs are absolutely killing and my shoulders are twinging.
Old 30-11-09, 08:58 AM   #399
robh539

Quote:
Not sure about the front shuddering under braking never had that would've thought it'd be more to do with the disks or something (if it's violent). I'm definitely putting my sintered pads on asap, whatever's on now fade quite a lot (although like berlin said they could just be glazed).

Think I'll have to take the hairpin a bit faster and in second next time binky
Vids are on their way but work's getting in the way, and my laptops ran out of harddrive space. I'll just do a 5 or 10 mins of best bits I think, can't upload 40 odd minutes of footage.

Is anyone else aching today (apart from the crashees ) my thighs are absolutely killing and my shoulders are twinging.

Yeah ache and my legs feel the same as after a 42 mile walk i did. not good lol

cool i looking forward to the video
Old 30-11-09, 11:19 AM   #400
TazDaz

Quote:
Feling fine today. Back was aching loads yesterday because it got stupidly cold on the way home in the rain, but feeling surprisingly fresh and rosy today!