SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 21-02-10, 02:11 PM   #4021
Warthog

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

An SV again, after a storm? Congrats on the purchase! Everytime I think I want a new bike, I get on my naked pointy and I STILL love riding it! Bloody 021's are rubbish in the semi-wet though I have decided. Got stranded in Cov today nearly with another shock snowfall. This winter has been the snowiest by miles!
Old 21-02-10, 04:28 PM   #4022
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Agree on the weather front. Went out for a bimble on Sat. Was bright but very cold. Could not get the tyres warmed up. Bit of a crap situation - cant get heat cause I cant go round the corners fast, cant go round the corners fast without the heat. Now maybe it was possible, but not risking me or my bike in this kind of weather.

Bring on the summer and some fun riding.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-10, 05:45 PM   #4023
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Agree on the weather front. Went out for a bimble on Sat. Was bright but very cold. Could not get the tyres warmed up. Bit of a crap situation - cant get heat cause I cant go round the corners fast, cant go round the corners fast without the heat. Now maybe it was possible, but not risking me or my bike in this kind of weather.

Bring on the summer and some fun riding.
Hear hear. Bide your time, and the good weather will come and you will still have a nice bike to enjoy it with!
Old 22-02-10, 08:53 AM   #4024
Stig

I've moved.
Old 22-02-10, 08:54 AM   #4025
Stig

Oh and I don't have internet in my new house yet so will only be online in between doing work at work. Have next two days off so won't be around again. Muchio painting to be done.
Old 22-02-10, 04:39 PM   #4026
philbut

I'm in manchester all week with work so won't be about much either.

Had a minging ride from Bath the Oxford this morning - who the hell invented sleet - what a rubbish kind of weather. I couldn't feel my feet by the enbd, an I had snow settling on my visor.
Old 23-02-10, 12:32 PM   #4027
Warthog

Tell me about it Phill, getting heated gloves has been a life saver this winter! Hope you are still going to make it to guildford on Sat!
Old 26-02-10, 07:23 AM   #4028
walkaboutandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Tell me about it Phill, getting heated gloves has been a life saver this winter! Hope you are still going to make it to guildford on Sat!
I couldn't help noticing that you now have heated gloves. What gloves did you buy? Are they ones that plug into the bike or do they have a battery?
Old 26-02-10, 07:28 AM   #4029
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkaboutandy View Post
I couldn't help noticing that you now have heated gloves. What gloves did you buy? Are they ones that plug into the bike or do they have a battery?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ght=cold+hands
Old 26-02-10, 09:55 AM   #4030
Warthog

In addition to that thread, I am really disappointed with my Gerbing heated gloves. There are now two points where the wire is dodgy and so it means fiddling and bending it to get them to come on, the little rubber cap on the end of the seat bit snapped off already, and the plastic rain cap over the button falls off all the time. These gloves in my experience are terribly shoddily made which is odd as everyone seems to love them . The gloves themselves are still fine, and when they are working, they are divine.