SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 26-02-10, 09:56 AM   #4031
Warthog

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

Oh but I can't send them back yet as I need them everyday! As soon as the weather lets up, I am sending them back.
Old 26-02-10, 12:38 PM   #4032
Stig

User error. There's always someone that wants to blame the tools rather than the user.
Old 26-02-10, 01:55 PM   #4033
philbut

hehe. mine are now corroded on the connectors, but that is due to salt. they still work ok, you just have to make sure you put em on with a wiggle. Maybe the new model is not as good as the old ones?
Old 26-02-10, 01:56 PM   #4034
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
hehe. mine are now corroded on the connectors, but that is due to salt. they still work ok, you just have to make sure you put em on with a wiggle. Maybe the new model is not as good as the old ones?

I dunno, the connectors are all pristine. They are going to get a strongly worded letter.
Old 26-02-10, 02:08 PM   #4035
philbut

If you are having that much issue with them, you should probably send them back in the warmer weather to have them looked at. Mine have never given me many problems, and they must have a sh*t load of miles under their belt now.
Old 26-02-10, 03:01 PM   #4036
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
If you are having that much issue with them, you should probably send them back in the warmer weather to have them looked at. Mine have never given me many problems, and they must have a sh*t load of miles under their belt now.
yeah mine were ****ed straight out of the box, despite looking totally brand spanking. Dunno how that can happen, but I wills end them back when it gets sunnier.
Old 03-03-10, 12:32 AM   #4037
philbut

Got the ZX7R out of hibernation tonight. Fresh juice and she fired up just fine which was nice. Three things I noticed:

1) whooore, I forgot how good it is to have more than about 3bhp ay my disposal, me like

2) Race pads do not work when cold - period. Note to self, when geting over excited in traffic, leave pleanty of braking distance!

3) The noise, oh the noise

I really had forgotten why I loved biking other than not sitting in traffic. The answer is green and purple. Did a quick lap of the road from Watlington to stadhampton just to blow out the cobwebs (ie crud from the fuel system). Even in the dark it was much more fun than I'd had on the bike in a while. Roll on the lighter evenings,i can't wait.
Old 03-03-10, 01:06 AM   #4038
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Strange, I was just thinking I should be commuting on my Deauville.

Can't think why I insist on using the 10r
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 09:37 AM   #4039
philbut

ah, but my Dullville will start - there in lies your problem Oh and I will still do my London run on the dull until it gets warmer. The barn door fairing makes up for the lack of power and general sh*te handling when the weather is bad.
Old 03-03-10, 01:52 PM   #4040
ogden
Mega Poster

I'm commuting by bike again as of this week.

For an eight mile central London commute, GSXR1000 spanks District Line like a dutch hooker with an appointment with Max Mosely.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote