SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-09, 02:28 PM   #401
sinbad

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
That KERS looks good !
Press the tit & it's the equivalent of a full-fat SV motor chiming in.
When will it be available for SVs ?
When we've all gone totally mad.

KERS is all well and good, but for road cars it makes no sense at all.

Everyone knows the first rule of driving for economy is to use the brakes as little as possible. Whilst for a sports car without a weight limit (in F1 using KERS just means you have to remove some ballast from the floor) it's just added weight and complexity with little reward.
Old 02-04-09, 08:55 AM   #402
plowsie

Hamilton and Mclaren, Excluded from Australian grand prix classification...
Old 02-04-09, 09:11 AM   #403
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Care to elaborate plowsie?
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 09:12 AM   #404
sinbad

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146

Uh Oh Spaghetti O's.
Old 02-04-09, 09:16 AM   #405
Dan

Heh heh heh

Actually, I'm secretly pleased about this. I don't know why.
Old 02-04-09, 09:30 AM   #406
jimmy__riddle

i dont think i will pay any attention to who finished where anymore, i will wait til the next race once everyones been shuffled by the FIA into whatever position they see fit.
i was hoping this would not be the case this year, but im losing interest in F1 cos of all the constant after race rubbish.
Old 02-04-09, 09:48 AM   #407
keithd

Quote:
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix for deliberately misleading race stewards.

The governing FIA stated that Hamilton and his McLaren team had both been excluded from the classification of last weekend's race.
Toyota's Italian Jarno Trulli, who had been handed a 25-second penalty and demoted to 12th place at a post-race hearing for overtaking Hamilton during the second safety car period, was reinstated in third.
Stewards had reopened their enquiry on Thursday after "new elements" emerged and summoned Hamilton to appear before them at the Sepang circuit.
Their verdict was that "Hamilton and... McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on Sunday."
They ruled that there had been a breach of the international sporting code.
With Hamilton's team-mate Heikki Kovalainen failing to finish in Melbourne, McLaren are now in the same situation as champions Ferrari with no points.
Toyota had served notice of a protest after the race in Melbourne but decided not to proceed on Wednesday because they felt there was no chance of overturning the stewards' decision.
Trulli, who had slid off and been passed by Hamilton while behind the safety car, said after the race that he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again.
"When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Lewis Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said in a team statement at the time.
"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."
Hamilton had told Speed TV that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.
"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, but I mean ... I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.
It was not clear what he had told the stewards in the original enquiry and the driver would not elaborate in a news conference at Sepang before the new verdict was known.
In a separate development, Red Bull's German Sebastian Vettel could have his 10-place penalty on the Malaysian starting grid reviewed.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said Vettel had been asked to discuss the penalty with Alan Donnelly, the FIA'S permanent non-voting chairman of the stewards.
Old 02-04-09, 09:49 AM   #408
thedonal

Hamilton and McLaren- HA haaaa!

Once again raising the dirty cheat card!
Old 02-04-09, 09:56 AM   #409
plowsie

Am I reading this right...he was prejudice towards Trulli?
Old 02-04-09, 10:02 AM   #410
Sosha

It's getting worse. This is all down to past stewarding/ FIA decisions on overtaking & now compounded with equally bad decisions.

The pass on the grass was fine. They should have and would have in the past held station.

Maclaran gets paranoid about stewards enquiries deeming in wrong and let Trulli back in front.

Trulli gets a ridiculous penaty.

There's a change of mind

Maclaren gets a ridiculous penalty

One should be third. the other 4th.

Don't really care which anymore.

When do the bikes start?