SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-17, 09:19 AM   #4151
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

@21 quest - Most of the countries Britain 'colonised' are doing very nicely thank you, at least we set up decent systems there - now just look at what the French, Belgians, Portuguese and Germans etc, did. Britain Traded its way around the world, sure we did some bad stuff but that is natures way - how does a Tiger survive without killing things. Anyone in this country with our freedom, security and high standard of living should be sent to Yemen or other places like it and see what freedom and standard of living you can find there. Britain is a very small island floating in a cold sea that has had an effect on the world out of all proportion to its land area and population - most of it good - please think of the people who dug the well while you are enjoying its water. And if you really can't live here because we have been so bad in the past - well you are at liberty to find another country to live, one with a blameless past, good luck with your search. You are the one in denial, you deny that you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs and that Islam is not trying to wipe Christians and other religions from the face of the earth (and even other branches of islam that don't conform to their idea of the 'one' religion) - personally I have no interest religion and far from being a force for good it has caused more bloodshed in the world than anything else, Religion in its many forms is by far the biggest business in the world, run by men for the benefit of men - religious orders in Britain used to live off the fat of the land while the people who were growing their food starved. 'My god is bigger than your god' is something you expect small children to say (except they substitute dad for god).

Please enlighten me Oh master of all knowledge, look forward to seeing you answer to the worlds problems - no more than 50 words please, or even better bullet points (only bullets made in UK though please).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 01:19 PM   #4152
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I've run out of Marmite. I've decided all the world's big problems are too bad to think about so instead I'm going to panic about the Marmite.
Old 29-01-17, 04:27 PM   #4153
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I've run out of Marmite. I've decided all the world's big problems are too bad to think about so instead I'm going to panic about the Marmite.
Remember that Marmite is made by Unilever who tried to bully Tesco into paying more for everything using the half truth of Brexit. I'm well aware that Tesco uses bully tactics themselves with smaller suppliers but Lady Poppy has decreed that we are boycotting Unilever at Trev Towers as a result of it all. When we ran out of Helmans we switched to Heinz mayonnaise, the washing tabs have likewise changed but I am now rather perplexed as we too have now run out of Marmite and I'm not sure what to replace it with. First World Problem I agree but it won't just go away...
Old 29-01-17, 05:09 PM   #4154
Red ones
Mega Poster

Stand up against the big bullies of business and support Tesco, controller of how one pound in every seven spent in shops is spent. The same Tesco that wants to own Booker and then by default Budgens, Londis and Premier. The same Tesco as bullies farmers on milk, meat and veg prices (remember the milk price problems last year?) Or are we talking about the Tesco that told you it was beef in the lasagne?

I maybe it's that other Tesco, the one that registered a supplier putting prices up on the pretence that material costs had gone up due to exchange rates.

I have to stop now, I need to get some petrol at the supermarket. Haven't petrol prices give up recently? Why did Tesco force that petrol price rise on us? Oh yes, because it's big, because it had the power to do it, and it's run by bully boy hypocrites.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 07:11 PM   #4155
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Damaged parcel. It's the first time I've had any problem with Hermes and I have sent 168 parcels with them. They do of course only refund the value of the item plus the postage. It has left me out of pocket as I started with an item and no money and ended with no item and no money. All the other companies are the same.
Old 29-01-17, 08:04 PM   #4156
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
. When we ran out of Helmans we switched to Heinz mayonnaise, ..
Good, I can't understand why Helmans sells so well, it doesn't taste like Continental mayonnaise, in fact no UK mayo does, Heinz is my preferred mayo, Helmans tastes like ........
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 08:16 PM   #4157
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I buy Aldi mayo. Or Sainsbury. Never Hellmans or a Heinz.
Old 29-01-17, 09:33 PM   #4158
Kenzie

Nah, there can be only one mayo. Hellmans or nothing.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 09:59 PM   #4159
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Make your own mayo. Stunning!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 11:39 PM   #4160
Heorot

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Damaged parcel. It's the first time I've had any problem with Hermes and I have sent 168 parcels with them. They do of course only refund the value of the item plus the postage. It has left me out of pocket as I started with an item and no money and ended with no item and no money. All the other companies are the same.
Royal Mail for me too. Our internet business uses PPI to save a few pence per parcel. We can't claim for lost or stolen parcels from Royal Mail either.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote