SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-07-13, 09:20 PM   #4191
Ian P

Default Re: The running thread!

The trouble is it gets addictive, it starts with a 5 k then a 10k, before you know it you are running marathons. Then you start thinking can I go further. On the bright side the more you run the more you can eat and drink.lol
Old 30-07-13, 09:57 PM   #4192
Stenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian P View Post
The trouble is it gets addictive, it starts with a 5 k then a 10k, before you know it you are running marathons. Then you start thinking can I go further. On the bright side the more you run the more you can eat and drink.lol
Yeah a mate does marathons and I asked him if he had thought about doing a triathlon. I was surprised when he replied he was more intent on doing an ultra marathon!
Old 31-07-13, 12:48 PM   #4193
ClunkintheUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian P View Post
It does completely. I've not been able to get out running and not been cycling to work for about a year now (change of job, no showers at work), and my girlfriend has noticed that I am much more ranty and touchy. With that, gotta get out for a run this evening.
Old 31-07-13, 12:50 PM   #4194
flymo
Mega Poster

right.... maybe this is my incentive to get out again. I love(d) running and never seem to find the time now.

Tonight I will be out to see if my legs still work
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-13, 12:52 PM   #4195
Stenno

I use Endomondo to track my runs and I find it motivates me seeing others being active.
Old 31-07-13, 12:55 PM   #4196
ClunkintheUK

I have to admit it was reading the book born to run that has got me wanting to run again. I remember a couple of runs where i had to push through a couple of miles that really hurt then I settled into it more for some reason and came out the other side faster and feeling really really good.
Old 01-08-13, 09:35 AM   #4197
WicklowSV

Have just been getting myself back in the habit of stepping out for a run every other evening. Had a bit of an off on my mtb which left me with a collapsed lung and broken hand. With that now mostly sorted I want to get back to where I was fitness-wise at the beginning of May (when I came off). As has been mentioned, I get moany and tetchy if not out reasonably regularly for eith a cycle or run. Maybe thats why she keeps buying me running kit!!
Old 01-08-13, 06:47 PM   #4198
Milky Bar Kid

Default The running thread!

I stopped about a year ago following being told I needed surgery for my knee. I tried to start again in February and then it all went to pot. Been out twice this week, trying the Zombies, Run! 5K training first and then I'll try the local 10k race this November.
Old 01-08-13, 07:20 PM   #4199
Bibio
Mega Poster

5k = 3miles 180 odd yards
10k = 6 miles 360 odd yards

you make it sound a lot but i used to do this http://goo.gl/maps/fdjEE 3 times a week when i was younger and fitter.

as well as doing this http://goo.gl/maps/PYMwp there and back every day.

now i cant walk to the shops that are 150yds round the corner
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 10:20 PM   #4200
Milky Bar Kid

Default The running thread!

Yeh. Way to blow someone's confidence to shred.