SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-04-10, 09:05 PM   #441
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I'd second that.I'm more interested in knowing how Flameboy has got on.
I think it might be best for somebody to start a new thread to discuss the 33bhp thing and let this one stay on topic.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 09:47 PM   #442
Tallguy

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I think it might be best for somebody to start a new thread to discuss the 33bhp thing and let this one stay on topic.
What Fizz said.
Old 27-04-10, 10:18 PM   #443
Kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
First, a big hand to the various ocifers who are posting on here, you get plenty of stick but your interest is appreciated by me, and many others I'd wager.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
On a bike you kill yourself.
In a car you kill someone else.

Simples.
Attendees of BikeKraft last Sunday were shown pictures of a car that had been hit side-on by a motorcyclist who was travelling at high speed on the wrong side of the road. The bike pushed the car sideways 200m and killed both front seat passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Why should we always pander to the poorer rider?
I see it more as protecting the public from the poorer rider.

Quote:
So some numpty can't ride a bike and goes out and hurts himself, why should that affect the hundreds of those riders who are more sensible.
Because you can't guarantee that numpties will only hurt themselves.

Quote:
It's the bloody Nanny State getting its oar stuck in again.
Careful, you're starting to sound like a Daily Mail reader.

Quote:
If some idiot wants to go kill himself at 150mph then fair play, let him do it
As long as he promises to do it far away from other road users (i.e. on private land), fine!

Quote:
Crash on a bike and all you're likely to hurt is yourself and maybe a pillion.
But no guarantees.

Quote:
For your information I didn't own a leather jacket for the first year I was riding
Same here... but I was an idiot.
Old 27-04-10, 10:22 PM   #444
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
stuff
wrong thread

I will reply to your post in the other thread started by lozzo as requested by fizz
Old 27-04-10, 10:22 PM   #445
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
Attendees of BikeKraft last Sunday were shown pictures of a car that had been hit side-on by a motorcyclist who was travelling at high speed on the wrong side of the road. The bike pushed the car sideways 200m and killed both front seat passengers.
Did the laws of physics take some time out that day? The velocity of a 200kg object required to move a 1300kg object that distance...
Old 27-04-10, 10:24 PM   #446
paiste

Bl00dy Hell!!!
Another 12 pages of posts since I last logged in. I thought maybe there might be at least a few updates on the OP's situation
Old 27-04-10, 10:31 PM   #447
Kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
wrong thread

I will reply to your post in the other thread started by lozzo as requested by fizz
Yeah, sorry, I was writing my reply while doing other stuff and all the rules changed in the meantime! Off to the other thread now but keeping an eye on this one. Hope the OP gets the bike back and everything resolved nicely, soon!
Old 28-04-10, 12:55 AM   #448
stowelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by simesb View Post
Did the laws of physics take some time out that day? The velocity of a 200kg object required to move a 1300kg object that distance...
it was on ice in zero gravity...... duh!

co-incidentally...... how would the coppers on here rate a situation where a guy passing his cbt..... buying a 125 THEN getting pulled only to find it is over the 14 or so bhp it should be?

as there isnt much written in the legal docs to notify you of this possibility, granted ignorance isnt a part of the law, but since completing my cbt which says i can ride a 125 bike, nowhere is there any advisory to tell me that fitting an aftermarket exhaust to it could be illegal, or even buying one with what joe public who hadnt looked into things (on the internet..... infact, how could these laws ever have been enforced prior to the interet) could percieve as illegal?

at least with the 33bhp law you know which bikes are legal (or can find out) but for bikes which are not you know you have to restrict

Last edited by stowelly; 28-04-10 at 01:04 AM.
Old 28-04-10, 10:33 AM   #449
tommo891

Any news yet..?
Old 28-04-10, 05:02 PM   #450
Flameboy

Last few days information

April 26th around 10:45, I called Nuneaton justice centre asking to arrange a meeting with a duty inspector, the lady in the front office took some of my details and said she’d do some enquires and get back to me (still not able to speak to an inspector). She then called me back around 10 minutes later and transferred me to an inspector, who then referred me to an Inspector Robyn Clifton (ext 3570) (inspector head of the “operational task force”)1 of the officers who pulled me) Who took some more details and asked how I was treated by his officers, as this is the first he’d heard of the incident he’d make some phone calls and get the shift sergeant to call me back around 19:00 on the 26th.

April 26th 21:45, The call from the shift sergeant at 19:00 never came as inspector robin Clifton said, i then called the coleshill traffic dept. Speaking to another pc, who is getting pc greaves or the shift sergeant to call me back (I also mentioned to him that I was losing patients being passed onto someone else for 2 ½ days and would like some definitive answers to my questions)

April 26th? No Reply.

April 27th Again I’ve tried calling the inspector and sergeant and left them both messages, I’ve also tried going into Nuneaton Police station asking for more help, but they say they can’t do anything.

April 28th (morning) AGAIN tried calling multiple times during the day, not possible to get to the station as it’s in a different town, No response... still.

April 28th around 17:30, I received a call from PC Mark Greaves, he said the inspector had emailed him and the sergeant asking for information, my bike would have been tested today but when they got it on the rolling road, the road broke. It has been booked into another testing centre for tomorrow (29th) and if under the limit, the bike will be delivered back to my home address with no cost to me.

.................................................. .................................

Personally i think contacting the inspector and hassling them for a few days is the only reason he has got in touch with me on his "days off"

I've also got the police complaints number and will still be making 3 formal complaints about the officers including the sergeant.

He also said that he'd been contacted or heard things from people on the forum?? and that I was helping to make him famous

I had been told 30 minutes prior to him phoning me I might have to wait till Sunday to get it back, but now He has told me directly that wont happen.

Still reluctant to get a lawyer, he's going to call back tomorrow after the testing, lets hope their new rolling road is more reliable..