SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 01-07-09, 12:31 AM   #441
muffles

Default Re: Brands Hatch (Indy) - Thursday 2nd July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazza View Post
DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR DRIVING LICENCE (BOTH PARTS)!
Blimey, I almost forgot this - have been really busy this week! I think I did know you needed them, too. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf View Post
Right, I am at the end of my tether with gmail at the moment. It won't let me access the attachments of the form and itinerary. Would someone be kind enough to e-mail it to me?
Is there something I need to print out, etc?

Any chance anyone could summarise what it is I need to bring? Have been a bit rushed the last few days and want to make sure I don't screw things up last minute!
Old 01-07-09, 04:25 AM   #442
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Hi Folks.
Re the above, bring yourself, your bike, a tank of fuel and your driving licence. You will need full leathers, boots, gloves and a decent full face helmet. Don't worry about the forms they sent you, there are loads more copies lying around you can fill in, just make sure you are there by 08:00 as you need to sign in before the briefing at 08:30. Also if you are riding there don't bother loading yourself down with tools, pumps or such like, I can lend you anything you are likely to need. If you give it the berries all day you will definitely need to pop out at lunch time and top the tank. There is fuel within a mile of the circuit, out the gate turn left.
Re my comment about tyres Brands is mainly right handed and Clearways in particular can generate lots of heat into the right side of the tyre. We'll drop the pressures first thing but just be aware that if they get their act together and not to many people fall off you could easily get 2 hours of track time and that's a lot to ask of any road tyre, especially if the track temperature is up. Just be aware that you may see a drop off in grip levels towards the end of a session (just when you think you're getting confident).
Re the coolbox my camper has a reasonable fridge in it which you are all more than welcome to park drinks in (but no nicking my beer until the evening!) Might get to see some of you at the Pied Bull if I can get away earlier enough this evening, otherwise see you tomorrow.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 06:51 AM   #443
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf View Post
Right, I am at the end of my tether with gmail at the moment. It won't let me access the attachments of the form and itinerary. Would someone be kind enough to e-mail it to me?
Raf - I've sent the 2 documents to your gmail and 3dlabs addresses. As Red Herring says, they'll have blank forms for people to sign there - but you may just want to have a read of stuff, and the itinerary, beforehand.

If anyone else wants it (Muffles?) please PM me your e-mail address.

Registration is 7:30 - 8:20am.

Compulsory noise testing is 8:00 - 8:30am.

Riders' briefing is at 8:30am.
Old 01-07-09, 07:14 AM   #444
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Hi Folks.
Re the above, bring yourself, your bike, a tank of fuel and your driving licence. You will need full leathers, boots, gloves and a decent full face helmet. Don't worry about the forms they sent you, there are loads more copies lying around you can fill in, just make sure you are there by 08:00 as you need to sign in before the briefing at 08:30. Also if you are riding there don't bother loading yourself down with tools, pumps or such like, I can lend you anything you are likely to need. If you give it the berries all day you will definitely need to pop out at lunch time and top the tank. There is fuel within a mile of the circuit, out the gate turn left.
Re my comment about tyres Brands is mainly right handed and Clearways in particular can generate lots of heat into the right side of the tyre. We'll drop the pressures first thing but just be aware that if they get their act together and not to many people fall off you could easily get 2 hours of track time and that's a lot to ask of any road tyre, especially if the track temperature is up. Just be aware that you may see a drop off in grip levels towards the end of a session (just when you think you're getting confident).
Re the coolbox my camper has a reasonable fridge in it which you are all more than welcome to park drinks in (but no nicking my beer until the evening!) Might get to see some of you at the Pied Bull if I can get away earlier enough this evening, otherwise see you tomorrow.
Cheers - really useful! Looks like I was only forgetting about the driving licence then (most of the other stuff I need to wear/ride there lol). Couple of questions though:
- Do I need to bring any kind of confirmation of booking, etc (maybe a booking number)? I got an email but it's all hidden away now, would have to find it...
- Drinks - I was going to bring 1 x 2 litre water and 1 x 2 litre non-fizzy squash type drink (for the energy, see!). Is that enough considering the weather?
Old 01-07-09, 07:58 AM   #445
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
- Drinks - I was going to bring 1 x 2 litre water and 1 x 2 litre non-fizzy squash type drink (for the energy, see!). Is that enough considering the weather?
Depends how hot and thirsty you get i guess The petrol station down the road is agood place to resupply from at the lunch interval if you need more. They do have catering at Brands but its not cheap. And the burgers aint all that either iirc.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 08:20 AM   #446
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Depends how hot and thirsty you get i guess The petrol station down the road is agood place to resupply from at the lunch interval if you need more. They do have catering at Brands but its not cheap. And the burgers aint all that either iirc.
Hopefully 4 litres is enough then lol. I just have no idea how much liquid I'd need during a "regular" temperature track day! Food wise I think I will bring lots of little snacks, read that's the best?
Old 01-07-09, 08:28 AM   #447
Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Hopefully 4 litres is enough then lol. I just have no idea how much liquid I'd need during a "regular" temperature track day! Food wise I think I will bring lots of little snacks, read that's the best?
don't drink too much Brand's trackside facilities may not be as good
Old 01-07-09, 08:35 AM   #448
krhall

Oh I am seriously nervous about tomorrow now - so who's going to the Pied Bull tonight and what time?
Old 01-07-09, 09:00 AM   #449
muffles

Cazza - cheers, got the email. Is it supposed to be an MSV signing on form? Should it not be Focused Events?
Old 01-07-09, 09:04 AM   #450
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Most of us london contingent ill be along to the Bull after we attend a demo in cental london. o i guess about 7.30/8ish.
Cazza may be at the Bull earlier i think.

Nervous? Nah those butterflies are eager anticiaption
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote