SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-04-10, 09:03 PM   #471
gfewster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

I really do feel for you in this horrid situation, but I'm afraid you just aren't being assertive enough with them.

The thing to do is to get your facts straight, get in front of the Inspector (not on the phone, that's no good at all) and demand that either they return your bike immediately with appropriate compensation or else provide a full and proper explanation of why it has been seized, under what powers, and what they plan to do with it.

The long and short of it is you need to start calling the shots and giving them instructions rather than using the "what happens next, sir?" approach. They are public servants remember, they work for you and they must be accountable. They do not get to make up the rules as they go along, and they certainly don't get to seize your property and do things to it without being sure of how they're operating (which appears to be the case as the Inspector isn't giving you any straight answers).

Take the local press with you to the Police Station, explain the situation to the Desk Sergeant, and do not leave until you have spoken with an Inspector who has resolved the situation to your satisfaction.
Old 28-04-10, 09:09 PM   #472
metalmonkey

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
I can't afford a solicitor and I'm next to powerless on my own.
First 30 mins with a laywer is free, second most now are on a no win, no fee basis. Did you not legal cover with with your insurance? You need to something we are not laywers, which is what you need. Get your ass to CAB at very least.
Old 28-04-10, 09:14 PM   #473
Sally

Take a day off work if possible, go down the Police Station and demand answers in writing.

I think you need to kick up a little fuss, and stop being so nice about it.
Old 28-04-10, 09:18 PM   #474
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Don't demand, or get angry but be firm.
Old 28-04-10, 09:31 PM   #475
Sally

Thats what I mean, question why the **** they have you're bike, where did they get the permission to dyno it and everything that has happened in general.
Old 28-04-10, 09:33 PM   #476
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Just ask them whether they will be giving cheque or cash for the new tyre
Old 28-04-10, 09:36 PM   #477
Bluefish

wouldn't it have been easier to look for the restrictor, if fitted, so sorry sir my bad.
Old 28-04-10, 09:39 PM   #478
thedonal

It all seems rather odd how vague the responses you're getting are.

I'd expect something in writing and make it clear (firmly, but politely) that you are unsatisfied with the information you are being given and this is causing you a large degree of worry and inconvenience. Maybe get it in the form of a letter- written evidence could be rather handy.

But do pursue complaints. It all sounds very flakey, to be honest...
Old 28-04-10, 10:25 PM   #479
Speedy
Mega Poster

I can't believe this STILL hasn't been resolved.

I would be going F-ing mental at them.

Burglers and bike thieves get less agro and stress!!

You REALLY SHOULD listen to what others have said, get a solicitor on this.....otherwise who knows how long you'll be without your bike.

If you were in the right, they are most definitely in the wrong.....if you were in the wrong, they're still wrong for fannying about!

Get it sorted asap!!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-10, 10:55 PM   #480
shifter

I think you should make a list of events with times, dates, who you've spoken to, what they have said etc and put it before a breif as soon as possible. The posts you have made on here should help you put it all together.
I think if you give a good firm all the details and have a good case (and it sounds like you do) they will be happy to help.