SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-04-10, 12:52 AM   #481
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
I can't afford a solicitor and I'm next to powerless on my own.
How much have White dalton quoted you to represent you?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 04:45 AM   #482
7755matt

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Would someone like MCN not be willing to pay the costs for the juicy story?
7755matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 05:12 AM   #483
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I would be cautious about getting the press involved to soon. Their agenda will not be the same as yours and although we are all fairly confident things should not have gone as they have we haven't actually confirmed yet the police didn't have the power to do what they did (and are doing).

The Op did mention something about the police having been contacted by somebody else already, which is hardly surprising given he has posted all the details of the officers and their station in this open forum. I'd be pretty surprised if someone from their force isn't monitoring this thread as we speak so hopefully all your comments and threats over the past 49 pages haven't been completely wasted.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 07:00 AM   #484
nik_nunez

ring theses ppl:

http://www.motorbikesolicitor.co.uk/

they are a sponsor on the gixerjunkies website, I have rang them in the past about an accident and spoke on the phone for ages and he did not charge anything. Just ring him and get his slant on things, and then see what he charges. Both ride motorbikes so that could be of some help
Old 29-04-10, 07:10 AM   #485
Bri w

WOW! 49 pages severe brain ache alert!

I think I'd be talking to the Inspector again, and take your Ebay receipt. "Look, your guys have cocked up. You know it, and I know it. Please resolve this in the next 24 hrs or I'll pass it onto the IPCC and let them sort it." It gives him, and his team, an out - that's assuming he's got the balls to realise it and do something about it.

If you do kick off, make sure you ride sensibly once you get your bike back. You might get the odd pull, or that's my experience after a little run in in which the PC was proven wrong. But don't tar all the boy and girls in blue with the same brush - the vast majority a very good.

But what a horrendous waste of Police time and money. Seems very disproportionate to me.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 11:46 AM   #486
ShadFX

Bri, If I had been tugged a few times after a similar event to yours I would have written down times, dates, reason for stoppage and then gone and complained! Totally unfair if your pulled for having not done anything wrong.
Old 29-04-10, 01:08 PM   #487
arenalife

Not sure if it's come up yet, apologies if so...

It's going to be lower than 33bhp anyway because that regulation is for the engine (Ithought), the rear wheel figure will be in the high 20's. If Suzuki don't specify a figure for drivetrain losses, how can a definitive figure be given by using a dyno? Would they dissassemble the bike, remove the gear shafts and test it from the crank? Of course not.
Old 29-04-10, 01:30 PM   #488
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadFX View Post
Bri, If I had been tugged a few times after a similar event to yours I would have written down times, dates, reason for stoppage and then gone and complained! Totally unfair if your pulled for having not done anything wrong.
The PC in question had a hell of a rep but was sacked for D&D not long after - apparently after a long list of misdemeanors.

On the last pull the PC with him stepped in and told him to get in the car. That was immediately after I stepped in front of my mate who was about to helmet butt him - I got his visor across the nose.

Sorry for the derail.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-10, 01:56 PM   #489
Triv650

I think this is a bad case of "Copper wanting to get a conviction no matter what" My guess is that they've tested your bike on the dyno but were wrong and are seeking a 2nd (perhaps 3rd) opinion on it from another dyno just to secure a conviction. After all, if the coppers were like what you said they were like, they seem pretty stubborn to me and wouldn't want to let this slide.

At least that's what my imagination tells me.
Old 29-04-10, 02:43 PM   #490
BanditPat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenalife View Post
Not sure if it's come up yet, apologies if so...

It's going to be lower than 33bhp anyway because that regulation is for the engine (Ithought), the r 33bhear wheel figure will be in the high 20's. If Suzuki don't specify a figure for drivetrain losses, how can a definitive figure be given by using a dyno? Would they dissassemble the bike, remove the gear shafts and test it from the crank? Of course not.

The 33bhp is at the wheel for purposes of the law mate.