SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-06, 08:25 AM   #481
Peter Henry

kwak...A wise man you are indeed! :P

You know next week is Mugello for the Moto GP circus and with Ducati in their strongest position ever going in to the race there. I would give everything but my son and my bike to be in the Ducati stand there for the races.

I have a certain plan if all works out I will be there for a week next year and spend days exploring Florence also.

Old 28-05-06, 08:35 AM   #482
kwak zzr

you think the ducatis can topple rossi with his new frame? i dunno, he looked fast last week when he went past danny like he'd got nitrous?

as for WSB bayliss is a class on his own, can anyone stop him? i think Tommy hill only qualified well because it was wet and i dont know what he'll be like in the dry.

As for you, a week in mugello next year lucky bugger!

Old 28-05-06, 08:48 AM   #483
Peter Henry

Kwak....More important than Rossi's new frame,(incidentally Edwards will continue to ride with the old frame????) is the fact that he has re adjusted his focus I believe now that the "will he won't he" regarding him going to F1 has been put to rest.

I would not for one second suggest that Rossi's new determination will see him create an amazing lead as he did last week every race but he will be more competitive. There were a large degree of tyre questions for the other riders at Le Mans but hey, all he could do was what he did.

Without any shadow of doubt my pre season suggestion of this being very close all the way to the wire does appear good. I think if Rossi does not get a podium next week,(something I would put , money on that he does) you must forget him for the championship as all of the boys above him are consistant, strong and happy with their bike aparts from the odd tyre choice dilemma.

Old 28-05-06, 03:43 PM   #484
kwak zzr

true words,

just watched 2 cracking wsb races!

Old 28-05-06, 04:34 PM   #485
Peter Henry

Indeed! I think after today's events, not even Supervox would deny Ducati the concession of an extra 200cc! :P :P :P

Old 29-05-06, 12:22 AM   #486
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Indeed! I think after today's events, not even Supervox would deny Ducati the concession of an extra 200cc! :P :P :P
I'm sorry but Supervox does not have the energy to answer the above post as fully as he would like as he is suffering from a severe stomach disorder therefore this automated response will treat it with the contempt it deserves !! :P
Old 29-05-06, 09:15 AM   #487
kwak zzr

supervox needs to feel much better before he answers this one

Old 29-05-06, 03:22 PM   #488
Well Oiled

Managed to get an invite for me and my lad to WSB yesterday via a business contact who deals with Ten Kate Honda. Got to go in the pit garage, meet Mr Ten Kate himself and have nice food in the hospitality tent. Hopefully nobody noticed Matt mopping up the gravy with his bread roll :P . Watched the first WSB race from the pit garage with the team. Us guests got very assertively invited to withdraw to the back of the garage when the red flag came out and the bikes came back in. According to Matt they changed Toseland's clutch during the red flag period in about 30 seconds flat. Toseland and Muggeridge spent most of the break running back and forwards to the toilet. All those energy drinks I guess. Pity JT had such a poor superpole position, as he could have won the first race if it had lasted another couple of laps. Not as fast in the second race though, but pleased the crowd in another way Still a great performance over the day and really desperately trying to give the home crowd a British win. Did you see him outbraking (was it Corser?) when he did a stoppy for a second?

Got an invite for Brands but folks at work can be real strict about us receiving hospitality from business contacts, so don't know how that one will go.

Good ride there and back as well. All in all a grand day out.

Matt's got quite a few good pics, will get him to post some.

Old 29-05-06, 04:41 PM   #489
Peter Henry

Well done MR.GTX glad you enjoyed the day. I could not figure what the hell Troy Nš2 was doing to come off in such a manner in the first race? Did he hit the kerb?

On Spanish TV we got the most fleeting of glances of a few Brolly Dolly's and heavens above the one that Barros had was a real spanner! :P

There is one of the chicanes on that short track that I would not want to be riding through at race pace! Full left and quickly followed by full right lean. awesome the way the guys were going through there.

Old 30-05-06, 07:53 AM   #490
tricky

There was some talk of the traction control on the Ducati's giving them an advantage.
Although it didn't appear to work so well on Lanzi's bike.

I thought good rides from Xaus on last years bike, espeac Race 1

Closed Thread