SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-03-10, 03:30 PM   #41
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Road Rage ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK-SV View Post
I just wondered if other people get wound up ..... and what they do about it ??
Have a quick word at the traffic lights, give them the little wrist shake, or just ignore it .......

Exactly just ignore it... get on with your day, think happy thought, becuase anything else just isn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK-SV View Post
I'm all for just ignoring it ..... but thats not the answer either IMO ... these people need to have someone at least highlight their law breaking ...... because there are no traffic police out there to do it !!
That same statement could be place upon the vast majority off stuff bikers do every day. Are you a complete saint on your bike on your commute to work?

When you overtake some sleepy old bint in her micra and 'give her a right old fright' (probably whilst over the speed limit with a not strictly legal race can)... she is probably thinking the exact same thing as you do... that doesn't give the sleepy old bint to string a wire across the road for when you come along the next day.

Just do as the first qoute.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10, 03:30 PM   #42
LK-SV

Default Re: Road Rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
LK what route do you take into town?
As i find switching between A3 and 316 a few times a week just seems to ease thing out on the stupid driver front.
Mate ... you will know exactly what route I take ... but its from Sutton to Hampton Hill at the moment ....

Sutton - A3 (New Malden) ... not bad, most cars are stationary, so if they are on the phone its not affecting me really ...
A3 - Dual carriage way down to Esher silly Isles ... Not bad .... odd pratt on phone, etc ...
BUT ... the bit that really drives me mad is Hampton Court Way (silly Isles to Hampton Court) ....... and then on to the River Road to Hampton ..... Nice wide road ... do people sit left letting me filter ?? No, they're on their bloody phones, paying no attention to me trying to get past them !!!
Old 23-03-10, 03:30 PM   #43
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Whats that car driver going to do to the next biker that comes along, you've p*ssed them off already damaged their car, and put the rest of us bikers in a bad light as far as that car driver is concerned, Are they going to move over for the next biker or are they going to seek revenge against every other biker they come across ?
But nevertheless tarring all people with the same brush is still the fault of the person doing it. We shouldn't tolerate this attitude either. If every biker smashed his mirror every time he was on the phone, perhaps he'd get the message.

Or perhaps actually enforcing the laws that are passed, by the powers that be, would render this whole discussion obsolete.
Old 23-03-10, 03:33 PM   #44
barwel1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Two wrongs dont make a right though. Just because they are on the phone doesnt give you the god given right to go around removing peoples wing mirrors for them.

Whats that car driver going to do to the next biker that comes along, you've p*ssed them off already damaged their car, and put the rest of us bikers in a bad light as far as that car driver is concerned, Are they going to move over for the next biker or are they going to seek revenge against every other biker they come across ?
i agree with what you are saying but i never sead i did it to every single car i came across, its usualy the ones that pull out to block your path so they alleady have a problem with bikers
Old 23-03-10, 03:33 PM   #45
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Or perhaps actually enforcing the laws that are passed, by the powers that be, would render this whole discussion obsolete.
Indeed it would, but its not going to happen is it.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10, 03:35 PM   #46
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
If we applied this rule to all walks of life, it'd be pretty irresponsible.

Was it Spidey who posted the "First they came for the communists" thing some time ago?
Maybe so... it's treading the line though... otherwise bikes would have been banned years ago.

Quote:
Funny you really don't come across that way...
Sadly written text can often be taken out of context and is often interpreted however the reader wants to interpret it. Smilies help around that situation sometimes to add a bit more expression or emotion
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10, 03:35 PM   #47
BBadger

Ah you come out of london.
Well in that case good luck...silly isles are leathal as people dont look but just put their foot down and ignor what ever is coming towards them, and hamptoncourt bridge all the way upto hampton is a nightmare in the morrning.

Just shout and scream in your helmet, always helps me releave the stress abit without affecting my riding ( i hope )
Old 23-03-10, 03:36 PM   #48
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barwel1992 View Post
i agree with what you are saying but i never sead i did it to every single car i came across, its usualy the ones that pull out to block your path so they alleady have a problem with bikers
How do you know that though, they might have genuinely made a mistake.

I've done it before in the car I moved across on a biker. He wasnt very happy and I was bl**dy mortified that I had done it. Luckily I didnt cause him to much trouble, luckily he decided that my wing mirror looked nice on my car and left it where it was.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-10, 03:37 PM   #49
tommo891

whats a little road rage between motorists...best thread yet, i seen a chick giving the driver head, now what does that fall under....thumbs up to the luck chap in the cage....
Old 23-03-10, 03:39 PM   #50
LK-SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
Ah you come out of london.
Well in that case good luck...silly isles are leathal as people dont look but just put their foot down and ignor what ever is coming towards them, and hamptoncourt bridge all the way upto hampton is a nightmare in the morrning.
Tell me about it .... twice a day !!!