SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-09-12, 01:57 PM   #41
Berlin

Default Re: Dream Job!

Pm'd you
Old 21-09-12, 05:04 PM   #42
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
T
and I've just heard they've given me a jet boat (actually two!) so we can run river based wildlife tours with lunch on a gravel bar. Sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post

Keith, No need for hides there! The wildlife is literally everywhere. The road next to the lodge is 150 miles from the next road north and that is the only road between the lodge and the North Pole!

In the last three days there's literally dozens of types of animal sauntered past! from moose to deer to coyotes (not for long) to eagles to kingfishers to cranes to geese to deer and even next door's escaped lama! There are four different fish in the stream that I can see straight away and the Pinks, Coho and Chinook salmon will be there soon. A hide would probably hinder you by not allowing you to see the stuff on either side and behind!
Definitely put me in the queue for job opportunities (in front of Sunshine and Matt #wink wink nudge nudge#)

Massive congrats Carl, only just caught up with this. You really have worked hard for it, god knows how you found the time to race bikes in between all that. It's been great hearing about your progress over in that there Canadia, although in your case it really is a matter of it's what you know and who you know
Old 24-09-12, 01:18 PM   #43
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
just out of curiosity was all this done with a missus in tow?
Nope, She never thought I'd actually get there and was constantly telling me to "come back down to earth", "be realistic" "Not to be silly", "stop living in cloud cuckoo land". etc.

Women should learn that a man's dreams are all he really has. Everything else he has... is hers!

So she's now shacked up with some bloke from facebook she used to go to school with, in Bristol
Old 24-09-12, 01:33 PM   #44
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by widepants View Post
coyotes ??? where will they be going , or shouldn't I ask
They'll probably have a case of lead poisoning in the very near future. Coyotes are nasty buggers that eat people's cats, dogs ... and pheasants.

C