SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-03-05, 12:12 PM   #41
clanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanger
I have had the original pipe chopped and its sounds awesome.....now those cars hear me coming and move outta my way!
Hooligan.

Long time no see Clanger. How you keeping?
Not three bad, Scoobs...been out and about doing things, planning a big trip abroad starting October this year (without the bike ) overseas in hot places - just me & my backpack!

Single again, as was dumped just before Xmas.

Still getting out to the local rallies and the like, spreading myself thinly at the mo catching up with long term friends and family. Going back up north at Easter to spend a few days with a childhood friend (known each other since we were 10). Not really been out and about over your way on the bike for some time really....though I should get down to the ACE at some point during summer.

How's you?
Old 02-03-05, 12:19 PM   #42
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern0079
Here are a few of the chop job-

This is the exhaust stripped down to the induvidual pieces

Here is the internal pipe wrapped in steel wool sitting on the glass wrap

Pipe on the bike

Close up of the lower joint (rivets on the left, pop-rivets on the right)
Looks like a neat job there. Very nice
Old 02-03-05, 12:20 PM   #43
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:
I have had the original pipe chopped and its sounds awesome.....now those cars hear me coming and move outta my way!
Hooligan.

Long time no see Clanger. How you keeping?
Not three bad, Scoobs...been out and about doing things, planning a big trip abroad starting October this year (without the bike ) overseas in hot places - just me & my backpack!

Single again, as was dumped just before Xmas.

Still getting out to the local rallies and the like, spreading myself thinly at the mo catching up with long term friends and family. Going back up north at Easter to spend a few days with a childhood friend (known each other since we were 10). Not really been out and about over your way on the bike for some time really....though I should get down to the ACE at some point during summer.

How's you?
I'm good. No longer working in sunny Basingstoke. Back down south again. Better from a cost / travelling point of view, but I do miss some of the B road blasts to Basingstoke every day.

Sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule at the moment (understatement). Sorry to hear about the split. Backpacking will be ace. I wish I had travelled more before I had so many ties and commitments (not that I am complaining).

Look after yourself.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 03:12 PM   #44
northwind
Mega Poster

Derailed

That's really nice work on the can... Were you not tempted to shorten it by, I dunno, about 6 inches while you were at it?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 03:31 PM   #45
kern0079

Why, so it doesnt hit the ground when I wheelie?
Old 02-03-05, 03:38 PM   #46
northwind
Mega Poster

Just for cosmetic reasons... The stock can always struck me as being a bit on the massive side. Maybe not 6 inches now I look at a pic, but a bit shorter...

Just curious, there's no reason yu should do it, it's just personal taste...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 08:29 PM   #47
BURNER

Yeah short cans rock.
I agree with Northy, if you're altering the can for a glasspack you won't need all that volume for muffling. I'd cut the can shorter, a few inches after the hook and re-assemble.
Old 03-03-05, 08:35 AM   #48
clanger

[/quote]

I'm good. No longer working in sunny Basingstoke. Back down south again. Better from a cost / travelling point of view, but I do miss some of the B road blasts to Basingstoke every day.

Sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule at the moment (understatement). Sorry to hear about the split. Backpacking will be ace. I wish I had travelled more before I had so many ties and commitments (not that I am complaining).

Look after yourself.[/quote]

Im not even in Basingstoke myself now - havent changed my profile yet! But living in Farnborough. Ive been watching the SOC boards and awaiting something to happen at the Hinton Arms (BBQ/gathering) nr West Meon (Winchester Road), it'd be good to meet up with everyone again...why dont you do the same?

Failing that email me, Im sure we could arrange something before rally season starts.... after that my weekends will be packed out....though Im likely to be having a bye bye Im off travelling party at some point...I'll invite a few of the Guildford Massive along too (I guess)
Old 11-03-05, 05:11 PM   #49
xaun

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/i...?img=sec.1.jpg That should be a picture of my exhaust.
Old 12-03-05, 11:05 AM   #50
watto

Been down any dirt road lately
Holy crap, when was the last time you cleaned your bike??