Old 10-07-06, 05:19 PM   #42
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Jabba you upgraded the then bike matey

Actually, I'm rather jealous of that black Bandit's downpipes:

Old 10-07-06, 05:20 PM   #43
CoolGirl

Interesting thread. As a partial observer and apartial participant, I saw some responsible and considerate riding (and I hope I let you all overtake me when it was safe to do so ). For such a large group who didn't know each others' styles, it was commendable.

There was one point when I was with Fizz when I had to move and brace on the tank as someone chopped in front of us making him brake hard. Fortunately, I'm experienced enough to have anticipated it and taken action, but it could have been worse if I hadn't (Fizz would probably be talking in a very squeaky voice )

When I was riding I saw an inexperienced rider in front of me beign overtaken on the approach to a corner, then be DOUBLE overtaken by a sportsbike that cut in front of the both of them. Needless to say, the novice was a little shaken and I had to deal with slamming the anchors on an unfamiliar bike.

Those are the only two incidents I witnessed, but both were avoidable, and the second was and act of pure bravado.

Squid never spoke atruer word at the briefing,when he said "space is your insurance".

Old 10-07-06, 05:22 PM   #44
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Jabba you upgraded the then bike matey

Actually, I'm rather jealous of that black Bandit's downpipes:

they were superb

Old 10-07-06, 05:25 PM   #45
kwak zzr

them downpipes have had hours of love and care their my cousins
i do love AUTOSOL.

Old 10-07-06, 05:38 PM   #46
Saint Matt

I think there were some nutters, I admit I liked playing cath up but I don't think I took any risks really. If anyone saw that I did anything wrong could they mention it? I was on a T plate blue curvy with a pillion who had a grey helmet, if you don't know who I was Cheers mates.

Old 10-07-06, 05:45 PM   #47
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta
right hand bends
Just a point to note here, and I'm talking in "general" not about Saturday. If the road is wide enough, the view is good enough, and you have the power, I can't see a problem of sticking it up the inside on a right hander, as long as all is safe AND you allow the bike on the left plenty of room.

Maybe that's just me......

Old 10-07-06, 05:59 PM   #48
Razor

A traffic cop told me it's pretty common for internet "friends" to cause each other to crash.

Old 10-07-06, 06:06 PM   #49
kwak zzr

why would that be then

Old 10-07-06, 06:08 PM   #50
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
why would that be then
Because they are not used to each other's riding style but their "online familiarity" might create a false sense of security