SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-10-11, 05:55 PM   #41
AZZ3R

Default Re: Warming up the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Have a look in an SV carb and come back to me on that one.

FI has no choke either, it has a fast idle and idle enrichment, which does exactly the same thing as the carb un.

How exactly would reducing air flow allow more fuel to be burnt?

I never anywhere in any post said the FI bike has a choke, read the last post before replying, either your too dumb to read or just can't

Weird that, I own one. I have read the manual unlike others instead of trying to argue your point with me go and take it up with Suzuki or the manual producers.

your arguing against what the manual says and if you still think your right then so be it whatever don't come on the forum and ask for help when something goes wrong.

Before replying, read the manual.

don't try argue with me about it.

and with regards to the reducing air flow read the blithering manual. i'm quoting from the manual and if you are arguing or trying to advise me on it then you should think about your biking knowlage yourself.

& Ralph go have a cup of tea - i've told you the answer to your question and you bring that people like yourself are just a pathetic internet chump, and try to get pleasure out of fourm bashing. grow up.

I've told & replyed to what you asked and explained myself enough go read the manual.

Last edited by Sid Squid; 10-10-11 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Rudey and stroppy
Old 09-10-11, 06:00 PM   #42
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Well, aren't you a stroppy little brat. Thanks for brightening up my evening

You are telling me not to come on the forum and ask for advice, that's quite rich (no pun intended...), I was not offering an opinion, I'm telling you how the cold start feature on an SV carb works.

The manual is wrong, it has to be understood by americans, so they put bullsh*t in it that drunken rednecks can understand.
If you want to understand things you have to see how they work, the writings in various books won't tell you half as much as getting your fingers in the petrol and seeing how they work.

P.S
You can quote from the manual as much as you like, if your quotes are accurate then they are wrong. I have not read the suzuki owners manual. I have 3 sets of carbs in the garage in bits, you're actually welcome to pop round and see how they work and maybe it might give you an idea of who you're talking to, what I know and what you know.

P.S.S
I also have an aprilia RS125 carb kicking about here, that one doesn't work like your idea of reducing air flow either

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 09-10-11 at 06:04 PM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 06:05 PM   #43
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ3R View Post

1) Before replying, read the manual.

don't try argue with me about it.

and with regards to the reducing air flow read the blithering manual. i'm quoting from the manual and if you are arguing or trying to advise me on it then you should think about your biking knowlage yourself.

2) & Ralph Go have acupof tea yourself
1) Yeh, YC read the manual you heathen

2) This thread is useless without pics

Last edited by Sid Squid; 10-10-11 at 08:25 PM.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 06:12 PM   #44
-Ralph-

Wheyhey

He is a stroppy wee brat isn't he?

In 5 years on the forum I don't think I've ever seen Chris come on and ask for help when something has gone wrong mechanically on an SV, he simply doesn't need to. I have seen him offer a lot of knowledgeable help in countless threads however. YC's technical posts come from hands-on experience.

Know it alls like you that re-post wrong information because they've read it from a manual, but actually don't have a clue are exactly what we don't need.
Old 09-10-11, 06:19 PM   #45
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of head-scratching, broken parts, skinned knuckles and small fires... but in about 10 years of farting about with all manner of bikes, my own, my mates, my customers... well I'm still learning.

But you know, someone who's had an SV a month has read the manual so I'd best drop in line and listen up
Old 09-10-11, 06:30 PM   #46
AZZ3R

TBH, The manual hasn't let me down in any bike i've owned, both the user and haynes.

You say I "Re-post" look back a few pages where 'Chris' has reposted pretty much everything I've said.

My first post was aimed at someone a few pages back moaning about fuel consumption while it ticking over.

& I said "I'm sure the FI bike doesn't have a choke"

Why did you orignally repost what I said Chris?

You might think the manual is bulldroppings 'Personal Opinion', but instead of arguing why don't you say you think the manual is bulldroppings rather than waste both out time?

& I don't think I know it all atall, if I did think that I wouldn't have put in one of my posts "quoting from the manual" I would have just said it.

Anyone with different views or helpfull views on biking knowlage I listen too, Unfortuantly Chris hasn't been helpfull atall just decided to repost everything I've said.

I also replied to your question and your next post was 'Were going to need a shovel". ?

Last edited by Sid Squid; 10-10-11 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-10-11, 06:32 PM   #47
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
2) This thread is useless without pics
Ha, ha, missed that bit. Nah, even if I was gonna try that, you REALLY wouldn't want pics.
Old 09-10-11, 06:37 PM   #48
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Unfortuantly Chris hasn't been helpfull atall just decided to repost everything I've said.
At various points I've told you how I warm bikes up and why, how the curvy cold start system works, how the pointy cold start system works and why this is the same effect as the curvy one.
And I've also offered to let you come over here and look at some genuine SV parts in bits to see exactly how they work for yourself.

Was this not helpful?

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 09-10-11 at 06:40 PM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 06:40 PM   #49
AZZ3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
At various points I've told you how I warm bikes up and why, how the curvy cold start system works, how the pointy cold start system works and why this is the same effect as the curvy one.

Was this not helpful?
Not atall, the way you put things across is a joke. My first post wasn't aimed at me warming up the engine atall, it was simply the fact I stated fuel consumption and 1 line about the FI bike (which I was correct)

Yet you still managed to argue, and make a point out of nothing. I also told you the reasons why I said that and you still managed to argue.
Old 09-10-11, 06:45 PM   #50
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Not atall, the way you put things across is a joke.
You're right. It is, 100%, a joke. It's about serious mechanical matters, but it's all a joke. And you have completely proven that you can't take one.

But if you've read anything I've written then you now know more about carbs than you did before so I think karma is on my side.

I probably come across as some sarcastic, patronising git. I don't think I'll lose sleep over it if I'm honest.