SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-09, 07:40 PM   #41
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR09 anyone going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
His playground consists of roads like this
That is beautiful scenery. We have some fairly pretty stuff in the wilder parts of Essex though, but I accept not as lovely as that. But then the view isn't everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
31 mph
Ah well sorry I didn't realise you couldn't ride fast. Some of our roads are very twisty and turny and while some will be going that speed others may be going just a little faster. The main rideout on saturday though, will cater to all abilities, skills, levels, experience and bikes.
It's so much more than just a ride though
Old 28-04-09, 07:42 PM   #42
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
That is beautiful scenery. We have some fairly pretty stuff in the wilder parts of Essex though, but I accept not as lovely as that. But then the view isn't everything

Ah well sorry I didn't realise you couldn't ride fast. Some of our roads are very twisty and turny and while some will be going that speed others may be going just a little faster. The main rideout on saturday though, will cater to all abilities, skills, levels, experience and bikes.
It's so much more than just a ride though
I know sorry, it was an attempt at a joke.
I'm on an sv, if it behaves I should be set for the weekend.
Old 28-04-09, 07:46 PM   #43
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I know sorry, it was an attempt at a joke.
I'm on an sv, if it behaves I should be set for the weekend.

Ok now I need to find the embarrassed smiley
followed by the thumbs up smiley
then the clappy, clappy one
SV is good to bring. There'll be loads of people there who know loads of stuff about them so if it stops someone will know how to make it go again
(Not me though - I can only cross my fingers and make brmm brmm noises)
Old 28-04-09, 07:48 PM   #44
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:

Its not the view thats important, but, when the road ploughs wiggly waggly straight through it, its a pretty damn hard thing to beat
Done it myself a couple of times, last time on the Hardy riders...but my SV wasn't keen on it because of the higher gearing.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
Old 28-04-09, 07:49 PM   #45
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ok now I need to find the embarrassed smiley
followed by the thumbs up smiley
then the clappy, clappy one
SV is good to bring. There'll be loads of people there who know loads of stuff about them so if it stops someone will know how to make it go again
(Not me though - I can only cross my fingers and make brmm brmm noises)
hehe it's alright I understand there's been a bit of stick about the weekend. Do we have an attending list formed?
Ah it's the curse of the yellow curvy it suffers from but I have breakdown now so not the end of the world if it stops. would be a plus if we can fix it though.
I think like pauls said I just fancy getting away on the bike, meet some decent people etc.
Old 28-04-09, 07:51 PM   #46
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Too early for definitive list yet but if local groups want to start making plans then great!
Keep an eye on the AR09 section nearer the time
Old 29-04-09, 06:56 AM   #47
AndyBrad

so im just wondering if paul has the mosy powerful bike. should he be the one to take a crate of beer down for us, each? i recon we could get 4 crates strapped to the monster

Old 29-04-09, 08:22 AM   #48
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
so im just wondering if paul has the mosy powerful bike. should he be the one to take a crate of beer down for us, each? i recon we could get 4 crates strapped to the monster
it's an sv1000 andy! although I like ducati's alot i was wondering about this, getting tents/beer/change of underwear down - would it make sense for us to get organised so that one or two people carry the booze, others carry a variety of small tents etc? alternatively we could club together, pack a shed load of beer and tents into small plastic crates - get them couriered down to the venue - then we just roll up and rock on

the other alternative is to just keep it simple lol

essex aint that far away, it's literally a few hours in the saddle. I know motorways are boring but didn't most of us have to do around 1-2 hours of m62/m6 to get to the hardy bikers ride? Add another hour to that and we're in essex Also, to break up the monotony (and to take a more direct route), we can take the a1 which has roundabouts every few miles seeing as alot of it is dual carriageway etc...

North/West yorkshire lot met at woolly edge services last year (between j39 & 40 of m1 iirc?), then ride down towards sheffers to pickup the southern lot, head over to the a1 and razz down to ess-of-the-ex

so to sum up: yep I'm going

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 29-04-09, 08:26 AM   #49
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Where's wooly edge, sure it's not far from shefftown is it? Might actually be able to circum navigate it all on my lonesome! Although, thoguht:- couldn't we just buy the booze down there? Or would we be paying extortionate southerner prices?

God, lots of motorway riding on a 33bhp naked with luggage? Nightmare.

Last edited by Dave20046; 29-04-09 at 08:29 AM.
Old 29-04-09, 08:30 AM   #50
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

I don't know whether it's part of the controversy but I've heard rumours the beer is going to cost like £8 quid a pint or something silly lol... (JOKE) suppose buying it down there has the added bonus of it being cold. I don't like warm beer. Makes me throw up if I drink too much of it..... then again, cold beer has the same effect. It must be a quantity issue?

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Closed Thread