SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-09, 06:30 PM   #41
Mej
Mega Poster

Default Re: Video of My Ride Today with my new Ram Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
It's near Bournemouth, dorset.
Lol, think my location may have gave that away. I'll post the other one up in a bit looks a little better

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 06:34 PM   #42
Rai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2UK View Post
Lol, and you call yourself a Local!!!

I'll show you one day.
I know...i feel bad cus i really should know lol ! I was watching it thinkin urmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-03-09, 06:35 PM   #43
TazDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Highway code rule 130:

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.
  • if the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so
I think you'd find it hard to convince a copper that it was a 'necessity' to overtake that vehicle. Making progress isn't a necessity. Using them when turning right, or when passing a stationary vehicle is fine.
Are the fuzz that strict on this type of hatching???

Everyday people queue in this type of hatching when trying to enter Blackdam roundabout in Basingstoke. It's seen locally as an unofficial second lane, yet the hatching gets renewed every so often! Never heard of anyone being done for it either.
Old 05-03-09, 06:38 PM   #44
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazDaz View Post
Are the fuzz that strict on this type of hatching???

Everyday people queue in this type of hatching when trying to enter Blackdam roundabout in Basingstoke. It's seen locally as an unofficial second lane, yet the hatching gets renewed every so often! Never heard of anyone being done for it either.
I once got pulled by the fuzz......

.....it ****ing killed
Old 05-03-09, 07:18 PM   #45
fraser01

J2UK

Nice vid bud, I love riding those roads, specifically North West Dorset, there are some cracking roads! (Zigzag hill, Cranborne etc)

Regards

Fraser01
Old 05-03-09, 07:25 PM   #46
fraser01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Highway code rule 130:

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.
  • if the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so
I think you'd find it hard to convince a copper that it was a 'necessity' to overtake that vehicle. Making progress isn't a necessity. Using them when turning right, or when passing a stationary vehicle is fine.
I think I must be too soft as a copper, maybe I should chose a different rule from the highway code every day and go enforce it!

Fraser01
Old 05-03-09, 07:30 PM   #47
Mej
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser01 View Post
J2UK

Nice vid bud, I love riding those roads, specifically North West Dorset, there are some cracking roads! (Zigzag hill, Cranborne etc)

Regards

Fraser01
thanks, yeah i rode up to Cranbourne the other day it was a good ride until it went down to one lane.

From a coppers view, what was your take on the Vid, dont want to loose my licence so i would like to know?

Old 05-03-09, 07:40 PM   #48
Mej
Mega Poster

The new vid will be up very soon as i have just uploaded, quality is a bit better

SV650S (Higher Res)

Old 05-03-09, 07:49 PM   #49
fraser01

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2UK View Post
From a coppers view, what was your take on the Vid, dont want to loose my licence so i would like to know?
From the video that is up currently I don't think you have anything to worry about bud. Not as if you're doing 122 with a 14 year clinging to the back

Rule 130 is aimed at boxed areas at junctions... Double white lines in the center of the road with a broken white line closest you means that you can overtake if safe to do so and get back in before the line on your side goes solid again (rule 107).

Hope that helps..
Old 05-03-09, 07:52 PM   #50
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quality looks better in that one. Did you put a bit of tape over the mic to drown out the wind noise?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote