SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-16, 09:49 AM   #41
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Picked up my new SV yesterday.

That looks smart
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 11:33 AM   #42
yamrdtez

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamxthe1st View Post
Bits and bob's now fitted. MRA screen,mirror extenders, chazo levers, Grip puppies, Oxford heated grips, tank protector, Core seat, Fuel exhaust, Puig hugger, R&G tail tidy, Michelin PR'4 and the whole thing treated with ACF50 result one highly enjoyable and to me very pleasing to the eye extremely good value motorcycle.

Geoff.

very nice bike that, enjoy
Old 25-08-16, 08:08 PM   #43
moto2cool

It looks great I like the MRA screen, is the one with 400 mm (V-FLOW SCREEN TYP "C")? can you give me the model number? I've been in MRA site but they have some things in german like mounting instructions)

Last edited by moto2cool; 25-08-16 at 09:52 PM.
moto2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 07:42 AM   #44
SeniorBiker

Hi I have a MRA screen fitted very good instructions in English comes with it this the link to HPS
http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_...r_Screens.html The model number is
MRA Suzuki SV650 L6> 2016> onwards Naked Spoiler Screen (NSN)
Ref: COL63009
Tony
SeniorBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 08:03 AM   #45
madjohn

Quote:
Bits and bob's now fitted. MRA screen,mirror extenders, chazo levers, Grip puppies, Oxford heated grips, tank protector, Core seat, Fuel exhaust, Puig hugger, R&G tail tidy, Michelin PR'4 and the whole thing treated with ACF50 result one highly enjoyable and to me very pleasing to the eye extremely good value motorcycle.

Geoff.
Your bikes looking good. Any feed back on your Fuel pipe and the PR 4's.

Not done a lot to mine yet. Fitted R&G Bobbins and bar ends. Suzuki tank pad and thats it. Looking forward to getting my screen.

First service due. £140. After that done mods will start. Probley R&G tail tidy next.

Last edited by madjohn; 26-08-16 at 08:05 AM.
Old 26-08-16, 08:57 AM   #46
macamxthe1st

Hi madjohn, My take on the PR4's first. I started riding when Dunlop TT100's were high tech and Jap bike standard tyres had a high nylon content so lasted forever but gave up on any thought of grip if rain was forecast for next week and as a result I have always been somewhat tentative in the wet. These have completely recalibrated my wet weather riding. Don't get me wrong I am not careering around grinding footrests through puddles but I have a level of confidence in the wet which I would not have believed possible and the feel and feedback both wet and dry is a revelation. I found the standard fitment tyres very wooden in feel and I ditched them after a couple of hundred miles. I have over 4,000 miles on the 4's and they are still not showing wear. Without doubt best money spent on the bike. Re Fuel exhaust, very well made, very reasonable price, great improvement to soundtrack whilst not being anti social with baffle in. If I were 30 years younger baffle would be in the bin, I would have a huge smile on my face and all non motorcyclists would think I was a ****, enough said.

Geoff.
Old 26-08-16, 01:59 PM   #47
Blapper

"If I were 30 years younger baffle would be in the bin, I would have a huge smile on my face and all non motorcyclists would think I was a ****, enough said."

LOL!
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-16, 10:13 AM   #48
madjohn

Quote:
Hi madjohn, My take on the PR4's first. I started riding when Dunlop TT100's were high tech and Jap bike standard tyres had a high nylon content so lasted forever but gave up on any thought of grip if rain was forecast for next week and as a result I have always been somewhat tentative in the wet. These have completely recalibrated my wet weather riding. Don't get me wrong I am not careering around grinding footrests through puddles but I have a level of confidence in the wet which I would not have believed possible and the feel and feedback both wet and dry is a revelation. I found the standard fitment tyres very wooden in feel and I ditched them after a couple of hundred miles. I have over 4,000 miles on the 4's and they are still not showing wear. Without doubt best money spent on the bike. Re Fuel exhaust, very well made, very reasonable price, great improvement to soundtrack whilst not being anti social with baffle in. If I were 30 years younger baffle would be in the bin, I would have a huge smile on my face and all non motorcyclists would think I was a ****, enough said.

Geoff.
Cheers for the update. Too tight to change my tyres at the moment but they will probley be on my shopping list at some point. I like your fuel pipe but i'm after the Yosh Alpha pipe. Hopeing to buy somtime early next year.

I picked up my screen and fitted it yesterday. No problems in fitting it. It's rock solid when riding the bike. A bit more noise thow. Wind blast is hitting me just below my visor. Looks good on the bike. Pleased with it. Only issue i have really is the price. £75 a little expensive for what it is but it is well made.

Madjohn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160827_15_06_07_Pro.jpg (132.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160827_15_06_31_Pro.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160827_15_07_01_Pro.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160827_15_07_28_Pro.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 29-08-16, 06:49 AM   #49
moto2cool

Thats the Puig? What model? Is the one you have to make a hole in the back of lcd cover?
moto2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-16, 07:08 AM   #50
madjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto2cool View Post
Thats the Puig? What model? Is the one you have to make a hole in the back of lcd cover?
It's a Ermax screen. But your right i did have to drill a 10mm hole in the cover to put the bottom screw in.