SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-03-08, 01:35 AM   #41
$tevo

Default Re: advice

Takes me 15 mins to get to Hanley...
Old 31-03-08, 01:48 AM   #42
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

here u go.
you will all go mad at me for buyin this with the tyre like that but I am ignorant with it all..

however tyre man said it aint illegal but not far off but was flat and squared of and had some very very VERY low points .. so the bobby was right ..

I suppose i should be happy with rectify and not 3 points but I guess he gve me benefit of doubt- he let me ride home after all.. and heseen my license so knew I lived a fair ride away. and mefinks he saw I had a good condition bike and maybe he wasnt so bad after all eh..

well heres the pics.
oh and the size of my plate.

<< awaits comments .. .. remember this is only second time i rode the bike . first being the hour journey home.. so these aint my tyres. well they are but you know what I mean....

yes my tax is due too..I know..

and u can see the plate size here on the close ups.. no argument really- my own fault.. and maybe it was the plate that caught his attention. ..

might be settin myself up for another stop here on tis open forum - ah well if others benefit from my stupidity then thats all to the good..

oh and my black visor- he wasnt too happy with - had my clear one on me though- I know that dont really make a diff and visors have been discussed at length re better and safer than sunglasses etc etc. so I brought it on myself.. just a polite word re 2 things and the ?30 for one and I thought that wudda been fair tbh i wasnt poppin wheelies and my bikes in good order- thats apparent. - compared to some.

Old 31-03-08, 02:16 AM   #43
$tevo

Previous owner must have decided to take for a last sentimental 5000 miles on the M6 before he/she hacked it in.

You're a riding god for managing the thing
Old 31-03-08, 02:22 AM   #44
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

and an idiot for buyin it like that .!!

I need educating me thinks.. i shudda got a couple of hundred quid off the price. for tyres. live n learn

see now why I thought my riding had gone crap and it was skitting about all over the show..
Old 31-03-08, 07:00 AM   #45
mister c
Mega Poster

Stay away from North Wales at the Weekend would be my advice to you mucker
They did me last year for exhaust & numberplate in Bala, they just like picking on bikers thats all. I had no issues from any police in England over them even if the exhaust had "Not for road use" stamped on it.
Good thing he pointed out your square tyre tho
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-08, 07:06 AM   #46
darylB

I suppose in a way it was a good job u got pulled, you obviously hadn't realised the tyre was knacked, you could av been slinging the bike down the road at one point if the tyre let go, just a shame about the plate and the can, at least you're now safe again.

Daryl.
Old 31-03-08, 08:09 AM   #47
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

i knew the tyre wasnt good hence i had it booked in this week,, but dint realise it was SO bad. just general ignorance- I will have to Gen up on tyres know it sounds daft to you "pro's" it is prob blatantly obvious its goosed ...

however- explains my diabolical riding and positining all weekend and why i felt twitchy
Old 31-03-08, 08:15 AM   #48
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

right slept on it.. (not much but a bit)

was gonna write up the stop and the convo and the bobbies attitude etc and the fact he was willy waving to a lovely lookin trainee police lady ..

but-
realised

he was right
I was wrong

my fault entirely.

brought it on myself.- fact i got two F.P is annoying when one wudda rammed home the point- but that said he may have stopped me dropping it on the way home cos I really took my time on the way home after realising why the bike was so skitty all weekend.

so need to live n learn-
let it go and enjoy riding the bike..

so.
thats it..

ta for the advice - I am expecting some "you idiot- are you blind" comments when some of u see my tyre pics. but if it aids somene else who is a layman in these things like me then it will be productive.

off to silverstone in a min so will take some pics.. (goin in the car though )
Old 31-03-08, 08:23 AM   #49
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quiff - those were not tyres - those were 50p coins :P

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-08, 08:31 AM   #50
kwak zzr

quiff your tyre looks remarkably like mine i know mine is approaching the limit cus the mot tester told me when i had it done about 500miles ago, i can see squared off but illegal? anyhow whats done is done eh? i'll get mine booked in soon.