SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-06, 06:39 AM   #41
Peter Henry

Oh dear,the good Old Brits and their pre occupation with "Big Brother"!

So let's take it the whole way, Traffic officers are instructed to monitor all bike forums in order to keep tabs on not only the attitudes of individuals but where they like to perform their high jinx. Sounds like a plan to me?

They are also smart enough to gain your confidance via pm or make contact when you have an item to sell or wish to buy something via the forum......oh yes........they are definitely here....monitoring,and there is no escape. :P
Old 24-04-06, 05:39 PM   #42
atko

I am also a police officer and do find it funny that people are presuming that we aren't humans under the uniform.

I've been in long enough to say 'we' well most of 'we' use our discretion all the time and if your polite and accept that you've been naughty 9 times out of 10 all you'll get is a battered pride and minimal fine. well minimal compared to £5000+

Hey but i'm used to people agreeing with me, its not often someone back chats a copper armed to the teeth.

As far as i'm concerned post what you like what I don't read doesn't hurt anyone if you catch my drift. Unless you steal my SV of course!

Summers coming, SUMMERS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-04-06, 05:55 PM   #43
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew893
I'm a copper and I'm only on here as an SV owner not to catch people out, what is said on here will stay on here in my oppinion, when i'm not at work i'm not at work! unless i see something really bad like a murder mentioned!!!!
We are genrally ok just a few bad apples just like bike riders it only takes a few idiots to give us a bad name!!!!
Also i'll help where I can!
\/
Nice to hear from you mate. Paranoid Pete lives here does he not? We should also remember that other than the fact that a posting on an internet forum is never proof of anything, that a good percentage of folk will say all sorts of drivel whilst hiding behind a 'puter...................

.............did I tell you about the time I whipped the arses of Rossi et al on a hot sunny day at Donnington?

Garry
Old 25-04-06, 12:30 PM   #44
Captain Nemo

i agree that not all coppers are w**kers.

ive yet to meet one that isnt though.

but ill reserve judment in the hope that my views are positevely altered.

oh and no, ive never been in bother apart from the odd deserved speeding ticket.