SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-11-09, 05:40 PM   #41
Ed

Default Re: Hello, my name's Pete and I'm a miserable git

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
The Chief old fart ?
Chief, and old - but not a fart

'Chief' is cos wifey read an article in the Daily Mail about a judge. He got his nix in a twist cos someone in a trial referred to their wife as their 'partner'. So I said that the wife was the hired help, and as the bloke I was the Chief Executive. Daughter now calls me 'Chief'.

We are using our pumpkin for pumpkin pie. Think it's going to be tasty
Old 01-11-09, 06:57 PM   #42
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
We are using our pumpkin for pumpkin pie. Think it's going to be tasty

We have just had spiced pumpkin soup with cheesy croutons made from home made brown bread. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, cheesy croutons!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 07:45 PM   #43
missyburd

I agree with you Pete. I never had the misfortune of having to trick and treat when I was a wee bairn as my ma was too protective. I don't think I'd let any kids of mine do it either, at least not unsupervised anyway. All it takes is one sick weirdo to ask some poor kids in as they've "left their sweeties on the table" and BAM he's got his treat for the night

At my folks' house they have a distorted glass front door. Our big Alsatian sits at the other end of the hallway and when any poor souls come knocking he runs down the hallway barking his head off and growling. Funnily enough not many trick or treaters go to that house!
Old 02-11-09, 01:19 AM   #44
-Ralph-

Don't need a warewolf mask, my dog growls and barks like hell if you whisper "who's that?" just after he's heard any noise, and until people see it's only a labrador, he does a pretty good job of getting the wee baggers hearts beating, before I even shout "wait just a minute until I get a good hold of this dog, he made a right mess of the postmans arm last week!"
Old 02-11-09, 08:09 AM   #45
metalangel

In a country like Canada or the US where the kids aren't drunk and in tracksuits, it's fine. But in the UK you don't wanna answer the door to treak or treaters OR carol singers in case you then return to the living room to find another one came in through your garden door, nicked your DVD player and did a poo in the corner.
Old 02-11-09, 08:15 AM   #46
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Ah...the joys of living in a little rural viallage, we didn't get one single knock on the door. We didn't last year either, so I didn't bother buying sweets, didn't even think about it...just made a gruesome cheesecake for the party next door. They've lived in America for 7 years so have really got the whole "lets overdo everything" vibe...lol. It's not an American thing though, I think it did start in Ireland or over here somewhere.
Old 02-11-09, 09:02 AM   #47
barwel1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
In a country like Canada or the US where the kids aren't drunk and in tracksuits, it's fine. But in the UK you don't wanna answer the door to treak or treaters OR carol singers in case you then return to the living room to find another one came in through your garden door, nicked your DVD player and did a poo in the corner.
haha made my moarning ps not awake yet......

my house got egged dident last year but we were in, this year i was at a pink concert and mum n dad were out on the town so house was a prime target.

the year befor last i got one of the buggers in the act.......shot him with a rubber ball baring from my hunting caterpult go the tw*t right in the u know whats would have a nasty bruse lol

i think it needs to be stoped as soo it will be bricks not eggs
Old 02-11-09, 09:34 AM   #48
Swin

Firstly, we always go trick or treating with out kids, so no chance of them being kidnapped by the local perv
There seems to be a convention around our way that if you are going to get involved in trick or treating you put a pumpkin thingy in the window, if there's no such halloweeny display showing then we don't knock there!
I personally dislike trick or treating, we teach our kids not to take sweets from strangers and then encourage it on halloween!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 12:05 PM   #49
Jabba

Missed it this year due to being on hols

Usually okay round here..... parents with their younger kids and they make an effort to get dressed up. Usually over by 9:00pm at the latest.

Also, a pumpkin lit up inside the window means T & T-ers welcome, no pumpkin means please don't. Generally works okay

Having said that, I find the whole thing a PITA and would rather it didn't happen. Now Bonfire Night and Fireworks..... that's different. Anyone got a recipe for Parkin?
Old 03-11-09, 08:24 AM   #50
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Anyone got a recipe for Parkin?
Don't ask a southerner, they won't know what you are on about. If you find one, post it I might just stuff my face