SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: The chinese - a great bunch of lads?
Yes 11 39.29%
No 5 17.86%
Maybe 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-07, 06:10 PM   #41
sarah

Default Re: The Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post

Jeez, Sarah with that score, you're more extreme than Mandela and the Dalai Lama!!!
are you surprised?
Old 31-07-07, 06:23 PM   #42
ASM-Forever

Bah im stuck on a forum with a bunch of lefties
Old 31-07-07, 06:24 PM   #43
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Bah im stuck on a forum with a bunch of lefties
Old 31-07-07, 06:36 PM   #44
ASM-Forever

"Leftie-ism" just makes no sense....lets all not have sexy sport bikes, but instead give them up so we can all have Piaggio's!

Plain ridiculous.

Bring back a tory government etc
Old 31-07-07, 07:01 PM   #45
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
"Leftie-ism" just makes no sense....lets all not have sexy sport bikes, but instead give them up so we can all have Piaggio's!

Plain ridiculous.

Bring back a tory government etc
Communism makes a lot of sense. Yes, an elite minority won't get sexy sports bikes but it does mean no one has to walk!!! Admittedly I think if someone doesn't give anything useful back to society they should get nothing back.

The tory's now are practically the same as labour, or is that vice versa?
Old 31-07-07, 08:53 PM   #46
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Just because some leather clad tart gives you a sportsbike,that's no basis for a system of government.

Might be a lot of fun though.
Old 31-07-07, 10:39 PM   #47
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Communism makes a lot of sense. Yes, an elite minority won't get sexy sports bikes but it does mean no one has to walk!!! Admittedly I think if someone doesn't give anything useful back to society they should get nothing back.

The tory's now are practically the same as labour, or is that vice versa?
I would rather walk than ride a scooter

I am sure if i was impoverished i would be all for the sharing of wealth.....but sadly i am not.

I dont really want to get into this as i could be here all night, but at the end of the day i dont think i/we should have to subsidise other peoples existence. That could be construed as a selfish every man for himself attitude...which i suppose to an extent it is.

Case in point...NHS/Welfare system/Gordon Brown handing out money left right and centre for the local African land baron to buy a new Gulfstream.

Its all toss i tell you.
Old 31-07-07, 10:59 PM   #48
hovis

did the test a while ago, said i was on a par with hitler...........

which was nice
Old 31-07-07, 11:00 PM   #49
KrZ

Communism has died long ago when Den Xiaoping took over China. If anyone had the chance to visit or do business in China, you'll notice money is the only thing everyone is interested about. China is the capitalist of the capitalist country out there at the moment. For example, you have to have your medical insurance to get treated in China, if you don't have enough money, tough luck... although they are currently thinking about adopting NHS style patient care, but that's going to be at least in 5 years time. State benefits wise, no where near what you can get in UK. Basically, you don't work, you stave. If you are not well qualified, you don't get good job, and you stave... The result, the young generations of Chinese are educated to the teeth about everything. Almost every Chinese friend that i know of plays at least one instrument or some form of art (check out ClassicFM from sky and you can already see what to expect in 5-10 years time) and sport to support their academic merit. Children as young as 5 are having to go to classes until 9pm in the evening. The pressure on young kids now a days in China is tremendous to say the least, and the parents are facing more pressure because everyone around them are doing it, so they just have to do the same. Personally, I don’t think that’s a good thing, but nevertheless, China will not be short of talents in the near future and will be a financial super power.
Old 31-07-07, 11:11 PM   #50
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

All I did was say to my wife, "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!"