SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-09-11, 08:42 PM   #41
ravingdavis

Default Re: Is the Prius an acceptable car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
So whats wrong with the Fiesta or Focus ? Focus we had had plenty of rear leg room for an adult and had a decent sized boot on it to.
The Focus is the right sized car. However, its too expensive to insure! I said earlier that it is £1600 to insure putting it nigh on £600 more than the Prius.

The fiesta is smaller than the Prius, doesn't have the same creature comforts, the eco diesels are slower and no more economical than the Prius.
Old 23-09-11, 08:43 PM   #42
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Any man driving one will never get a shag, thus reducing the world population and this will save more fossil fuel for the rest of us.
Ha, ha! There's your reason right there!

(though not enirely true, I'm sure Heath Ledger got it when he wanted it, as does Leonardo Di Caprio and Arnie!)
Old 23-09-11, 08:45 PM   #43
-Ralph-

He needs an old mans car to keep the insurance quotes down, that's what the problem is.
Old 23-09-11, 08:47 PM   #44
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
The Focus is the right sized car. However, its too expensive to insure! I said earlier that it is £1600 to insure putting it nigh on £600 more than the Prius.
So what if you dont spend all your £9K and buy an older Focus then ? How does that effect the insurance.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 08:48 PM   #45
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Any man driving one will never get a shag, thus reducing the world population and this will save more fossil fuel for the rest of us.

Eco warriors need only apply. The eco nuts see them as the future along with electric cars. Sooooooo Wrong!!! Hondas got it right first time with hydrogen cars

Get the focus!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 08:49 PM   #46
ravingdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
So what if you dont spend all your £9K and buy an older Focus then ? How does that effect the insurance.
It doesnt seem to make a difference, its seems completely absurd to me. A 2k ford fiesta is £1500 to insure making it a clear £300 more than a nearly new one.

Also http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1500?logcode=p

Thats only £1050 to insure. These are decent cars from what I hear. Not the most economical but still pretty good.
Old 23-09-11, 08:49 PM   #47
Tim in Belgium

What's theinsurance like on one of these?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3191892.htm

Old man image....
Old 23-09-11, 08:49 PM   #48
-Ralph-

Focus chassis, Focus engine, but I doubt many of them have been wrapped round a tree, so probably come in lower on the insurance...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01136413802139
Old 23-09-11, 08:52 PM   #49
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Thats only £1050 to insure. These are decent cars from what I hear. Not the most economical but still pretty good.
I was just looking at Civic's on autotrader. IMHO you wont go wrong with one of those and personally I'd much rather have one of those than a Prius.

Have you looked at VW Golf insurance wise ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-11, 08:56 PM   #50
-Ralph-

Quote:
These are decent cars from what I hear
You can't beat Honda and Toyota nowadays IMO mate, Lexus is just Toyota's luxury brand, and JD Power says...

That said, it's not all conclusive, Seat's, Skoda's and VW's are the same car and Sandrine's Seat Ibiza hasn't missed a beat once in 8 years, but look how much further Seat is down the ranking than the other two. Dealer service, etc all comes into it with JD Power though.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 23-09-11 at 09:00 PM.