SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-07, 08:12 AM   #41
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: Trackday - Rockingham National Circuit - Sat 7th April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Lydden sounds good 2 me, I'll book on tomorrow
Cool, I'll book Lydden today then and start a new post.

28th April then!

Thanks
Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 09:01 AM   #42
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Cool, I'll book Lydden today then and start a new post.

28th April then!

Thanks
Luke
Ah ... hold up ... my mate wants to go to brands ... he'll check with the missus to see if he can make lydden ... if he can't then we will be doing brands ...
Old 05-04-07, 09:07 AM   #43
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ah ... hold up ... my mate wants to go to brands ... he'll check with the missus to see if he can make lydden ... if he can't then we will be doing brands ...
Too late, already booked. Doesn't matter!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
Old 05-04-07, 07:33 PM   #44
Balky001
Mega Poster

Have fun at Rockingham. I tried to get booked but had to wait for a cancellation - got a space today but then couldn't get a van for less than £200 for the weekend so had to turn it down. Gutted. National circuit is excellent.
Old 05-04-07, 09:05 PM   #45
Tim in Belgium

I'll be joinibng the track day crew after Mid May, got to take apart and put together a chemical plant in the mean time. Have lots of fun.
Old 08-04-07, 08:08 PM   #46
Blue_SV650S

well boyz how did it go???
Old 08-04-07, 08:40 PM   #47
weazelz

Quote:
thoroughly enjoyed it went in novice to start with as I hadn't been to the track before. would probly have moved up after a couple of sessions, but I stuck around a bit longer to play with Luke & Will, & then moved up after lunch

was chatting to a guy in our garage who had an SV that made mine look positively tidy & undented. he had a 'busa front end on it & seemed to think it was a pretty easy swap - seemed to think the 6-pots stopped it pretty well too
Old 08-04-07, 08:49 PM   #48
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
thoroughly enjoyed it went in novice to start with as I hadn't been to the track before. would probly have moved up after a couple of sessions, but I stuck around a bit longer to play with Luke & Will, & then moved up after lunch

was chatting to a guy in our garage who had an SV that made mine look positively tidy & undented. he had a 'busa front end on it & seemed to think it was a pretty easy swap - seemed to think the 6-pots stopped it pretty well too
Cool, you boyz need to sort yourselves some onboard cams so I can enjoy your day too
Old 08-04-07, 09:57 PM   #49
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Pretty good day! Didn't throw it down the road, which is always a bonus! . Pace is definitely getting quicker - didn't see much of Andy in the sessions, but there was one where I just about managed to hang on to the back of him for the whole thing, which was encouraging, but then again, I do have a bit of a bike advantage!

Rockingham is a fun track - I really like the series of faster lefts, which I haven't really had at the other tracks. Looking forward to Lydden on the 28th - it will be the first track that I'll be going to for a second time, so I'll have a bit of a benchmark.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
Old 08-04-07, 10:23 PM   #50
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Pretty good day! Didn't throw it down the road, which is always a bonus! . Pace is definitely getting quicker - didn't see much of Andy in the sessions, but there was one where I just about managed to hang on to the back of him for the whole thing, which was encouraging, but then again, I do have a bit of a bike advantage!

Rockingham is a fun track - I really like the series of faster lefts, which I haven't really had at the other tracks. Looking forward to Lydden on the 28th - it will be the first track that I'll be going to for a second time, so I'll have a bit of a benchmark.
What tyres are you running??? Get yourself a set of decent rubber ... it makes the world of difference

If you are tight like me get yourself a 2nd hand set of Supercorsa/Rennsport/Racetech off ebay ... as long as they are not totally sh4gged then they should see you right for a trackday or two