SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-12, 06:33 PM   #41
The Basket

Default Re: My insight into Reeder's crash

I agree that this is slightly unseemly as this about a young lads death,

but all I can say there but for the grace of God go I.

Old 25-03-12, 07:17 PM   #42
Runako

Why is it unseemly? We're all reacting in a human way. It's human nature to be curious, to be empathetic, to grieve (in our own way) and some may learn from the info. A post such as this doesn't stop us - particularly close friends and family - from feeling grief or loss. For me, this post does not disparage those feelings. As for timing, when would be the right time to ask the question "what happened"? We'll undoubtedly hear more in due course but for me, in relating to my own similar experience, sooner rather than later is better because part of grieving is to try and understand what happened.

Old 25-03-12, 08:13 PM   #43
Bluefish

Default Re: Sad News RIP Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
I never met him. He was different from everyone I knew when I was his age. From what I saw on Facebook and here he was a product of his times. I see certain things he did, in my kids, all that Hugs and kisses they do to mates when they meet, open with their feelings and confident to post anything online and share everything.

And that's the shame of it for me. He wasn't a cocky wanabee street racer, he wasn't an arrogant tosspot or an aggressive oik, he was a young bloke who was just open and up for a laugh, with a great set of mates and a great sense of fun. I've thought a lot about him since he died. I've never felt like this before for someone, who by traditional standards is a stranger to me. Maybe that's good thing about this technology, that it gets us all closer.

I dunno about much but I really feel bad for all his friends and family. Fnckin tragedy.
And taking all that in to account, the thing that gets me is that poxy little tree.

Old 25-03-12, 08:44 PM   #44
aaron020873

As others have said there could be all sorts of reasons why the accident happened, but on the face of it, it seems even more tragic that the tree is so small and appears to be some distance away from where it appears the bike made contact with the kerb.

Old 25-03-12, 08:47 PM   #45
The Idle Biker

I know mate, but look at us. The strength of a tree is in it's roots, it's deep and planted. We're just 80% water or whatever it is. Squishing flesh, and muscle and some bone. It don't take much to take us out. We just like to think we're invincible.

I hate trees, best get rid of em', chop em all down. Seasonal fancies and ruin the view. W@nker trees!

Old 25-03-12, 08:52 PM   #46
Bluefish

No tree's are good, cool even, my only off so far touch wood haha, i ended up about 3 feet from a tree and i mean a proper tree 20x bigger than that, just goes to show what may have happened

Old 25-03-12, 08:55 PM   #47
DJFridge

It makes you think twice about what looks like a safe run off, doesn't it. I've found myself looking at hedgerows and fences and trees quite a lot over the last few days. As somebody said early on (and please forgive me for not wanting to search back through this thread to check who it was) a foot either way and he'd have been on here, lamenting his first off and complaining about cabbages stuck in his radiator.

Old 25-03-12, 08:56 PM   #48
Bluefish

That made me laugh mr fridge, cabbages lol, true though.

Old 25-03-12, 09:05 PM   #49
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFridge View Post
It makes you think twice about what looks like a safe run off, doesn't it. I've found myself looking at hedgerows and fences and trees quite a lot over the last few days
and buildings, and high kerbs, and bollards, and road signs, and telegraph poles, and lampposts, and armco, and garden walls, and parked cars, and bridges, and rock faces, and wheelie bins, and park benches, and bus shelters, and large ceramic plant pots, and...

Last edited by -Ralph-; 25-03-12 at 09:07 PM.

Old 25-03-12, 09:10 PM   #50
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
and buildings, and high kerbs, and bollards, and road signs, and telegraph poles, and lampposts, and armco, and garden walls, and parked cars, and bridges, and rock faces, and wheelie bins, and park benches, and bus shelters, and large ceramic plant pots, and...
where's the grammar Police when you need them?

(If there are any mistake's in this text, they were done intentionally.)

BMW F800ST

Last edited by Bluefish; 25-03-12 at 09:38 PM.
Closed Thread