SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-12-12, 10:37 PM   #41
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: long term unemployed to get vouchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widepants View Post
things are a joke.I am allowed £71.00 a week income support to live on .I receive £51.oo a week for caring for my son.What do they do .....take £51.00 from my income support.Then for some reason ,they give me £20.00 back as a bonus.
Dont get me wrong ,when you add up dissability living allowance , child tax boost for having a disabled child and a few other bits for my son Im actually £50 a week better off than when working.
I hate not working so I looked into going to collage while my son was at school ,but was told "oh you cant do that" .Why the hell not ,its not as if Im caring for him during those hours anyway.
don't get me started on the pittance that they say the disabled should get. if i were not a tight fisted so and so i would be up to my eyes in debt just to put food on the table. but because i see food/warmth more important than decorating i make ends meet.

add it all up and i'm worse off. i'm glad i never had debt or a mortgage when the shizz hit the fan and i don't know how other people manage who have had to leave their job and look after someone when they have all those debts.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 10:37 PM   #42
Spank86

None of the above.

You set a limit on how long someone can be unemployed in a single stint before they transfer to the voucher scheme.

Call it two years, five, whatever.

And I fully recognise that it doesn't matter what they spend the money on from an economic standpoint.

The funny thing is that the I portent time to do these things, when the economy is booming and it would actually work. Are the times we never do.

Last edited by Spank86; 19-12-12 at 10:38 PM.
Old 19-12-12, 10:42 PM   #43
widepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm glad i never had debt or a mortgage when the shizz hit the fan and i don't know how other people manage who have had to leave their job and look after someone when they have all those debts.
According to the TV this morning ,most families are only three pay days away from being homeless.
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 10:42 PM   #44
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie_Black View Post
To be honest, i'm just being a **** really. In real life it can't work, ever. All of the examples you have stated are reason as to why. On the radio earlier today they were selling the idea as a credit card type of thing that you could use for any essential life items anywhere. But not Booze, tabs and sky tv!!

The idea is clearly to pin down a tiny tiny tiny minority of people who are playing the system, having loads of kids, claiming as much as they can and basically almost abandoning them to the state. It can't work really and would never be a vote winner for me. Unemployment is as insignificant as the immigration thing they bring up all the time. The country isn't wrecked cos of doleites, it's wrecked cos everyone got greedy and no one said no. But the easy targets are always blamed for everything.
Precisely my point

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 10:48 PM   #45
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I feel its a voting tactic, just the same as the Miliband speech on imigration and the English language last week. This time the Torys are at it, by hitting the nerve of the public who are high and mighty about people on benefits. i'm sure there will be more stupid proposals in the run up to re-elections next year. All designed to kick up a stir amongst the public.
Its Just usual political Tosh.
Doesn't mean anything in the real world.
Look at the promises that last lot gave out.
This lot wont be any different

Yes some MPs have there hearts in the right place
But the $hit3 floats to the top .They have there own agendas and don't want to put this country back on its feet.

The Benefit system has become so broken its not an overnight fix
But so much has become Broken in the uk in the last 30+ years its going to take a radical re think to start down a new path
Old 19-12-12, 10:48 PM   #46
widepants

[QUOTE=dizzyblonde;2810006]
Mother of two, whose lost her partner, trying to make ends meet, whose always been at home playing mum, while the fella went to work? Can't get a job because of the above? Likes a smoke

[QUOTE].
if her two kids are over 5 then she will be on JSA and must actively look for work
widepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-12, 11:17 PM   #47
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

[QUOTE=widepants;2810017][QUOTE=dizzyblonde;2810006]
Mother of two, whose lost her partner, trying to make ends meet, whose always been at home playing mum, while the fella went to work? Can't get a job because of the above? Likes a smoke

Quote:
if her two kids are over 5 then she will be on JSA and must actively look for work
Yes, I'd accounted for that. Unfortunately, and wrongly an employer can be very discriminatory when choosing a candidate for a job. The scenario above I used, is quite typical. Single mums with multiple children can be a gamble which some employers choose not to take, hence the example as long term unemployed.

Obviously its not always the case.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-12, 01:04 AM   #48
joshwalker094
Mega Poster

OI !!! I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers and I and my family are far from chavs! They are such loving and caring dogs, very protective over the younger one in my house.
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
Josh Walker sounds quite an epic name to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
JOSH WALKERRRRRRRRRRRR

joshwalker094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-12, 07:14 AM   #49
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Staff 's look similar to pit bull terriers .
That's why chav s and the like have them.
Old 20-12-12, 07:44 AM   #50
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalker094 View Post
They are such loving and caring dogs, very protective over the younger one in my house.
A lot of people say this about staffies, and I don't see how it's a good thing. How can a dog be protective? Surely that can only mean aggressive to people outside the family? Sounds like a recipe for trouble.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote