SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-03-12, 05:08 PM   #41
Kilted Ginger

Default Re: a new scam at petrol stations?

I'll have some of what you've been smoking dizzy
Old 27-03-12, 05:09 PM   #42
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Thats operator fault
The whole thing is the garages fault. Regardless of how realistic, possible, etc, you may think this is, as a retailer to the public they have a legal responsibility to ensure that they charge people the correct amount.

If you go to the supermarket, it's not your responsibility to add up all the items in your trolley and pay the right amount. If you are unknowingly undercharged the supermarket has no recourse after you walk out the door, if you spot on your receipt that you are overcharged, the customer services desk must refund you.
Old 27-03-12, 05:10 PM   #43
Suchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
one of the reasons i like to use 'pay at pump' now, another being i don't have to take my lid off.
+1 to that use pay at pump as often as possible even when I am in car just more convenient and secure as long as you properly cover your pin.
Old 27-03-12, 05:10 PM   #44
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
I'll have some of what you've been smoking dizzy
Ere, its that baldy bonces fault, his tin hat has odd powers

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 05:17 PM   #45
monkey

I can't see how any circumstance would cause any customer to be improperly affected by this scam.

I wouldn't hesitate in taking a pic of the pump I'd used, giving my name and address and leaving if the garage wasn't willing to take my money (unless it was pure error and could be dealt with between two grown adults).
Old 27-03-12, 05:23 PM   #46
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Thats operator fault.

When I fill up my bike I always push it forwards to let the next customer (car/bike/van) fill up instead of waiting for me to go faff around with paying.

EVERY petrol station I have used has had the ability to recall previous unpaid for readings for fuel dispensed at each pump, probably even has the ability to scroll back through all transactions for a certain period.

Just this morning I got a smile and a thank when I got back to my bike after paying from the lady who had been able to start filling up while I was still queueing to pay.
On Sundays ride we filled up at a station that was not self service the guy filled you up and wrote down the amount on a bit of paper then you followed him into the shop and pay'ed. Everyone is not fully up to date.