SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-04-08, 05:44 PM   #41
redbouy

Default Re: How 2 get ya kneedown - the vid

just got home rofl
Old 21-04-08, 11:02 PM   #42
ArtyLady

ROFL! this made me chuckle you actually sound very pleasantly posh...did you go Eton?

On a serious note (if you are serious about this...never can tell with you Blue! ) there are Adult Education classes - (C & G I believe) in tutoring which I understand helps you to plan your lessons/tutor affectively etc etc - maybe could be applied to your venture? I dont know - but worth looking into I suppose.

I only know this because I have looked into it with a view to tutoring adults in art (but have wimped out due to lack of confidence standing in front of a class of people...I'd go very red and hyperventilate probably )
Old 21-04-08, 11:51 PM   #43
missyburd

I learnt a fair bit and considering I don't know much about getting my knee down (except when falling over) it was most informative. However, I think the gloves prevented one from being able to see where one is pointing to exactly, might just be me though
Old 22-04-08, 07:17 AM   #44
andyb

I just had a bit of a go on the way to work, I need more practice but it gave me somewhere to start!

Before you all start...I know I shouldn't practice it on the roads but I just thought I'd give it a shot on a nice quiet roundabout on the way to work!
Old 22-04-08, 11:24 AM   #45
Blue_SV650S

Wow, judging by the shock people have expressed to actually hearing me speak, everyone expected me to be some unrefined lummox did they .. how come?!!? .. It is funny how we form opinions of people we have never actually met isn't it!!

Anyway, let us know how you get on andyb et all, but hopefully it demonstrates that getting your kneedown is almost solely down to body position alone!!

Anyone scraping toes before getting their kneedown is simply doing it wrong for aforementioned/demonstrated reasons

But if they are getting their toe down, they almost certainly can lean the bike far enough to get KD, if only they re-positioned as described

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 22-04-08 at 11:29 AM.
Old 22-04-08, 11:49 AM   #46
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Wow, judging by the shock people have expressed to actually hearing me speak, everyone expected me to be some unrefined lummox did they .. how come?!!? .. It is funny how we form opinions of people we have never actually met isn't it!!
It because you come across (to me anyway) as an "Alpha male" type - I expected you to have a gruff voice and a cockney accent! (thats a compliment btw as that is wot my ol' man is like innit )

Quote:
Anyway, let us know how you get on andyb et all, but hopefully it demonstrates that getting your kneedown is almost solely down to body position alone!!

Anyone scraping toes before getting their kneedown is simply doing it wrong for aforementioned/demonstrated reasons

But if they are getting their toe down, they almost certainly can lean the bike far enough to get KD, if only they re-positioned as described
D'oh - didnt take any notice of the actual demo! - as its not my kinda thing to want to learn how to do - and also was too busy giggling! - but 10 out of 10 for effort and entertainment value
Old 22-04-08, 12:12 PM   #47
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Wow, you are way way way better spoken than I had imagined!!

Nice vid
He means you sound ghey. He told me.

Erm, not sure if I learnt anything as I do it already but......had I not know I guess I would have learnt something. Problem is that there are many videos flying about on how to do this and while yours is very funny, the others are a little more practical. Perhaps so a more practical vid with you sat on your bike on a stand etc.
Old 22-04-08, 12:34 PM   #48
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
It because you come across (to me anyway) as an "Alpha male" type - I expected you to have a gruff voice and a cockney accent! (thats a compliment btw as that is wot my ol' man is like innit )
Ah, so I am actually a disappointment then?!!? Now that I can believe!!

I bet you thought I had a big ding-a-ling too!?!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 22-04-08 at 01:45 PM.
Old 22-04-08, 02:19 PM   #49
ArtyLady

Quote:
Ah, so I am actually a disappointment then?!!? Now that I can believe!!
No not at all...I like posh blokes too - just prefer a bit of rough! hehe

Quote:
I bet you thought I had a big ding-a-ling too!?!
Dont you then?