SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 07-04-10, 05:19 PM   #41
christopher

Default Re: NW6 Friday Travel Arrangement Thread

Yup there are loads of options available so people can choose whatever they feel works best for them.

I get where you're coming from Lissa with not wanting to sit around, and the route Pete posted has some very nice roads and yummy ice cream which'll fill the day nicely!

I'm not up for doing a massively planned ride on the Friday, so will probably do the route I posted on the first page, short and with plenty of places to pull in for a photo plus the visitor cafe at Llyn Brenig if want food/drink/toilet.

If anyone wants to join me then we can sort a meeting point (most likely the Ponderosa?) and time as I'm flexible, and lucky in the sense I only have a short run to get there whereas others have a few hours and I don't want to cause people to rush over and not be up for the proper riding over the weekend.

Am aware this uses a road or two we might be using over the weekend, but I'm okay with that personally as I enjoy them. Don't do it if you don't wish to repeat roads though.
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 06:21 PM   #42
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I may have missed this but which route are you heading up towards the Pondy Pete?
Old 07-04-10, 07:49 PM   #43
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Yup there are loads of options available so people can choose whatever they feel works best for them.
Exactly right, Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
I may have missed this but which route are you heading up towards the Pondy Pete?
Haven't heard anything from G or Mr Speirs, so nothing decided yet Binky, but if we did head up, it'd be Rugeley, Stone, Whitchurch, Overton with a meet point at Stone possibly.
Old 07-04-10, 08:14 PM   #44
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Haven't heard anything from G or Mr Speirs, so nothing decided yet Binky, but if we did head up, it'd be Rugeley, Stone, Whitchurch, Overton with a meet point at Stone possibly.
Am i right in thinking that's the route we've done a few times including the one we took up to the Pondy on Boxing day a couple of years back?

If it is I'll meet you guys just off the round about on the exit of the A5 if i come from Sutton. That be ok?

EDIT: Still had the link saved that was posted ages ago.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...9,3.405762&z=8

This one?
Old 07-04-10, 08:39 PM   #45
petevtwin650

Quote:
Am i right in thinking that's the route we've done a few times including the one we took up to the Pondy on Boxing day a couple of years back?

If it is I'll meet you guys just off the round about on the exit of the A5 if i come from Sutton. That be ok?

EDIT: Still had the link saved that was posted ages ago.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...9,3.405762&z=8

This one?
Yes, that's the one, Binky. Can't believe you still had that link!
Old 07-04-10, 08:43 PM   #46
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Sorry Pete I didn't realise you were waiting for a response from me.
Yup would be up for that. I have the whole day off anyway so am up for whatever.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 08:47 PM   #47
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Yes, that's the one, Binky. Can't believe you still had that link!
I save all the routes i come across particularly ones i'm likely to need to use or navigate by my satnav/pillion/mapless self. (It's ****ing hard you know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Sorry Pete I didn't realise you were waiting for a response from me.
Yup would be up for that. I have the whole day off anyway so am up for whatever.
Are we nearing sorting this Pete and co? Can we settle on, for now, Rugeley, Stone Witchurch, Pondy and then your ice cream based run to the bunkhouse after that?
Old 07-04-10, 08:53 PM   #48
petevtwin650

Quote:

Are we nearing sorting this Pete and co? Can we settle on, for now, Rugeley, Stone Witchurch, Pondy and then your ice cream based run to the bunkhouse after that?
We really need to get G's input first, but lets call this a sort of plan!

Also expect to have Seggons with us.
Old 07-04-10, 09:30 PM   #49
carty

Sounds good to me too guys
Old 07-04-10, 09:34 PM   #50
G
Mega Poster

Sorry for delay in response.

That sounds like a good plan. What time do you think you would be getting to Dans Motorcycles in Stone as that would probably be the easiest place to link up? I dont mind getting there anytime really to make the most of Friday

Last edited by G; 07-04-10 at 09:36 PM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote