SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-06, 02:10 PM   #41
Iansv

I've got no chance Ever.....
Old 27-01-06, 02:11 PM   #42
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Why buy a house, the government will only sell it to pay for your care when you go senile.
Thats why you sell it to your children for pennys and make sure there is a contract that says that they cannot evict you until you have died.
Sadly that doesn't work - it has to be an absolute gift for inheritance tax purposes, otherwise it's 'a gift with reservation'. Under the Finance Act 1986, section 102 and schedule 30, gifts subject to a reservation are taxed on death as though they were still the donor's own. So I'm afraid it doesn't work.

Shall I next tell you about how to place the property in a discretionary trust in a bid to get around the rules?
Old 27-01-06, 02:14 PM   #43
diamond

What if there's no kids? No point in buying a house
Old 27-01-06, 02:15 PM   #44
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Shall I next tell you about how to place the property in a discretionary trust in a bid to get around the rules?
Yes please Ed.

Old 27-01-06, 02:15 PM   #45
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Why buy a house, the government will only sell it to pay for your care when you go senile.
Thats why you sell it to your children for pennys and make sure there is a contract that says that they cannot evict you until you have died.
Sadly that doesn't work - it has to be an absolute gift for inheritance tax purposes, otherwise it's 'a gift with reservation'. Under the Finance Act 1986, section 102 and schedule 30, gifts subject to a reservation are taxed on death as though they were still the donor's own. So I'm afraid it doesn't work.

Darn...
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-06, 02:26 PM   #46
Gnan

my parent's estate is worth about 175-200k all together, i am the sole child - i believe it is written into a will that i obtain all assets upon death of both parents..

will there be tax to pay!?
Old 27-01-06, 02:32 PM   #47
Halonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnan
my parent's estate is worth about 175-200k all together, i am the sole child - i believe it is written into a will that i obtain all assets upon death of both parents..

So.......Evil plot anyone?

*Commence Hooded Claw style cackle*
Old 27-01-06, 02:36 PM   #48
wyrdness

Quote:

A mates parents just both died He's told me that the threshold for inheritance tax is 275k.
Old 27-01-06, 02:36 PM   #49
Gnan

haha, better delete it just incase they both die simultaneously.. the evidence in that post would look rather unfavourable to say the least
Old 27-01-06, 02:37 PM   #50
Gnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
Quote:

A mates parents just just both died He's told me that the threshold for inheritance tax is 275k.
bloody hell i'm sorry mate, pass on my condolences