SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-05-12, 11:01 AM   #41
danf1234

Default Re: Bought a house before but now thinking of selling - best way to go about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
Quite a few reasons to be honest Dan, I moved here for my ex so she could be a bit closer to her home town of middlesbrough & it seemed like a good halfway point. I still have my offices over in cleckheaton, I have no family here and in 4 years have managed to build up a circle of 6-7 friends, half of which are now gone since I broke up with Dani, and the remaining few are either going to live in austrailia or thinking of moving away from York also.

Also the place seems very insular to me, where I'm from in west yorkshire the towns and villages and cities all blend into one another; York has this big glut of countryside around it so a lot of people I've met here are all about who you know in york and which school you went to and all that social stuff which I'm not part of. Plus there seems to be a ridiculous concentration of absolute utter nob-heads. Possibly down to the student community?
Yeah I can certainly appreciate some of those comments above. I have always said York is like a big village, where groups of friends have gown up together from their school days and I can imagine this makes it difficult for people moving into the area. I suppose it is this forum and motorbikes that have driven me out of my cocoon in York, and I now have some great friends all over the country.

As for the nobheads comment, I can certainly appreciate that as I live in Acomb!