SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-10-11, 11:48 AM   #41
davepreston

Default Re: Brand preferences of gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
Where's the crash test dummy???

*Runs*.
silence i willl killl you

lid: shoei's bounce well in all situations, raid 2's and xr1000's

textiles: ixon and scott have exellent armour and slide risistance

leathers: shoei again feck me they did well

gloves: myc ive found a cracking set and there cheap , spada enforcers, warm dry and exellent in a off for under 50 squid

boots: oxtar 5 years and a few crashes still doing a cracking job

note all the above have been fully tested in multipul offs ranging from 30mph - 120 mph
so the **** does work

dave
Old 13-10-11, 01:18 PM   #42
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
silence i willl killl you
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 11:48 AM   #43
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Thought this could have a bit of a resurrection as I've had my gear for a while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltonSte View Post
Textiles - Just got a Halvarssons Proximo Jacket and Lindstands GI pants to replace my previous textiles (see bad) will keep this updated.

Ste
This gear has been fantastic, The liner is climate control thing with Parrafin capsules. When your warm, they absorb the heat (melt) when you cool down, you take the heat and they set...paraphrasing, but you get the point. Other than when you are getting geared up at home, you generally don't get too hot. I've been out in sub zero conditions still with the vents open and felt comfortable, similarly when it's been warm out I've not been too hot.

Good waterproofing as well.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 04:38 PM   #44
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

M&S Perfect No VPL Low Rise Shorts.

Very stretchy, no nasty rough seams or stitching to chaf, available in a range of colours.

No matter what else you put on there is nothing worse than uncomfortable pants!

And before someone asks for a picture - here is one but that's not my bottom - I wish!

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 23-04-12 at 04:40 PM.
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 04:42 PM   #45
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
Interesting, I am coming to that conclusion too, really don't have much luck with them
I like my halvarssons, about the 10th pair of gloves I've owned and the best so far.
Old 23-04-12, 04:56 PM   #46
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I like my halvarssons, about the 10th pair of gloves I've owned and the best so far.
Mee too. Unfortunately my summer Halvarssons one bit the dust last year, and are no longer available, they survived sliding down the road, and carried on living for three years! The other set I had fell in the kitchen drain by accident, after I left them on the window ledge. They 'were' waterproof, and had superb knuckles on them.........now they have funny niffs

I don't like my Held Winter Extreme gloves. The only thing they are useful for is the wiper on the glove, they're too bulky for anything else.
I'm still not sure about the summer Weisse glove I bought, but they're a bit of fun chavtastic.

Think I'll go back to Halvarssons when I have the money to get some decent ones, because out of the mountain under the bed, they are by far the best.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-12, 05:28 PM   #47
missyburd

I agree about the Halvarssons kit. Just need more dosh. I have a back protector from them and that's it, but I certainly can't knock it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
M&S Perfect No VPL Low Rise Shorts.

Very stretchy, no nasty rough seams or stitching to chaf, available in a range of colours.

No matter what else you put on there is nothing worse than uncomfortable pants!

And before someone asks for a picture - here is one but that's not my bottom - I wish!

And do they make all the difference in comfort riding on the bike then?
Old 23-04-12, 05:30 PM   #48
Jackie_Black

Default Re: Brand preferences of gear?

Gloves - Ku****ani for the win, brilliant and never leak
Lids - On me 2nd shoei (Qwest) not liking it and will be changin to arai next
Leather - Full gore tex waterproof HG suit at the moment, brilliant
Boots - Gaerne waterproof race style boots, also brilliant.

I have used furygan leathers in the past and they are quite nice too, also got alpinestars race gloves but they are too rigid and I don't race!
Old 23-04-12, 05:55 PM   #49
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
I agree about the Halvarssons kit. Just need more dosh. I have a back protector from them and that's it, but I certainly can't knock it

And do they make all the difference in comfort riding on the bike then?
They do! I once made the mistake of putting on some lacy ones and they nipped and pinched in a most painful manner. These are brilliant, very stretchy, don't ride up or move down when you are leaning forward. And they also go well under slinky dresses so you don't do a Britney!
Old 23-04-12, 06:03 PM   #50
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Mee too. Unfortunately my summer Halvarssons one bit the dust last year, and are no longer available, they survived sliding down the road, and carried on living for three years!
I like halvarssons gloves.

I've a set of "dry level". Possibly 6 or more crashes in them and I'd guess 60,000 miles. One slight leak at the left thumb from wiping visor all time with it. Not quite as warm as they used to be, I guess the insulation has lost it's loft. Still perfectly useable.

Also a set of "dino" summer/race gloves. Obviously look well 'ard and are really comfy, great dexterity with the kangaroo palms. First crash in them t'other week... survived fine.