SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

View Poll Results: When do you want it?Weekend of the ...
12 Feb 1 8.33%
26 Feb 2 16.67%
12 March 4 33.33%
19 March 7 58.33%
26 March 6 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-10, 01:17 PM   #41
AndyBrad

Default Re: Hardy Bikers 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
was a bit "hardly a biker" yesterday, 174 miles and didn't see another bike all day.
no sheet sherlock, your a nutter

btw where did you get those risers from? were they cheap as i wouldnt mind seeing what its like for winter riding
Old 03-12-10, 01:42 PM   #42
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBrad View Post
were they cheap as i wouldnt mind seeing what its like for winter riding
this is mark its either custom made by himself or about 300 quids worth
Old 03-12-10, 01:46 PM   #43
rictus01
Mega Poster

ask most people and even in summer anyone who rides a bike is thought of in that way, me I just enjoy my bikes and the different riding skills needed in all sorts of conditions

The risers are a custom item, they are actually a 3 piece design ( topcap,riser & fork clamp), I have a shorter riser if I fancy a change as well, they were originally made for a T3 speed triple conversion, but as the forks are the same diameter they work fine for the S4, cost me £50, but I doubt your'd find some, you can however get these, which would do the same job.

those bars were just the job yesterday, and as I've said previously, it was the onlt thing the Street triple had over the S4 IMO and after a tad more rear preload to stop me pulling wheelies away from the lights all the time, the riding postion is ideal, I doubt I'll ever put the clipons back on to be honest.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 02:48 PM   #44
AndyBrad

/scratches chin/

hmmm interesting. Just not sure what to do about the top of the forks sticking up like that. Ill ponder over christmas i think
Old 03-12-10, 03:14 PM   #45
rictus01
Mega Poster

the yokes weren't dropped at all, that's how far they sit when it's got the clipons fitted, I literally unbolted one and bolted on the other.

If you make the Hardy Bikers rideout I'll let you have a go.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 03-12-10, 04:52 PM   #46
Smudge

you do have more control with upright bars especially when the front end slips and you need to slam a foot down.
It's taken me a good few hundred miles to get used to clipons from my naked SV.
Balancing durring full lock turning is where upright bars make a huge difference.
Get some knobbly tyres for winter I wish they made em!!!!

Edit: Mark how do you get your pics in here nowadays I've done a few searches to find out but can't find anything on embedding pics.

Last edited by Smudge; 03-12-10 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-12-10, 05:04 PM   #47
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmudgeK3 View Post
Edit: Mark how do you get your pics in here nowadays I've done a few searches to find out but can't find anything on embedding pics.
hosted on facebook, picture properties (right mouse click on image, look for properties, copy the link ending in jpg for example), on the thread reply click the image icon at the top ( yellow square with mountains in it) and paste the link, job done.

Cheers Mark.
Old 03-12-10, 05:56 PM   #48
Smudge

Way hey it works!
Old 03-12-10, 06:07 PM   #49
rictus01
Mega Poster

Cool, you do know you have a Meriden (old triumph) triumph top on and not a Hinkley (new triumph) one ?
Old 03-12-10, 06:12 PM   #50
Smudge

lol it's cos i like bob dylan. (highway 61)