SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 20-02-12, 08:39 AM   #41
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dalby forest red route again? Abandon hope all ye who are fat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Specialized
That would make sense since my bike is a spesh & I'm the spesh brand whöre with spesh gloves & spesh shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Look guys I have been out since it got dark in the morning.
I got all the exercise gear in the garage and no inclination. why the feck should I want to ride a bike in the cold and wet middle of nowhere
It gets your heart going, you can feel the fresh air in your blood, the scenery is immense, it engages you both physically & mentally (more of a 50/50 ratio compared with riding motorbikes which IMO is 15/85), huge sense of achievement when you look at elevation you've just climbed....... Failing that it's just an excuse for a massive pįss up & to eat crisps til 2am with out feeling guilty about it.. However I did 8 weeks of road riding before last time & I still struggled more than anyone else, so if you're heavy already you'll find it very hard lugging you & your weight up the hill - I'm doing spinning classes and hill hunting on my MTB at the moment or I'll struggle again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Might be in depending on date. Loads on through May/June
not to worry dude, everyone seems to be busy through may at the very least & I'm getting married on 16th of June, so I'm already leaning towards early/mid April maybe?

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:03 AM   #42
Tom_the_great

mid april sounds good then can run again say late june/july time?

Black Tinted Screen!, Evotech Tail Tidy!, OEM Rear Hugger!, R&G Crash Bungs!, Delkevic Exhuast!

Current Mileage = 3000 (Ish)
Tom_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:05 AM   #43
markc123

Awesome idea, always fancied going up to Dalby. Suppose I better find my shock pump at some point and get the bike fettled.
Old 20-02-12, 09:14 AM   #44
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_the_great View Post
mid april sounds good then can run again say late june/july time?
Yeah sounds grand to me buddy, just CBa organising something which we then have to wait 4 months for it to roll round..

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc123 View Post
Awesome idea, always fancied going up to Dalby. Suppose I better find my shock pump at some point and get the bike fettled.
Yeah I need to get a new sprocket cassette & chain on mine, done about 250 miles since new but because I was a noob who didn't clean & lube it all that often, it is well worn.

So I guess I should go start a poll thread.. Back in a bliff..

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 20-02-12, 09:41 AM   #45
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Poll: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=175328

Open for three weeks, multiple choice so tick all days that you can attend, rh to keep general chat in here, save the attendance thread for posts like 'oh that weekend is Easter bank holiday so avoid' or 'attending the ride but not camping' etc.

We'll sort out the June one nearer to the time

Old 20-02-12, 10:51 AM   #46
Owenski

I'll miss the April/May one like I mentioned earlier, but I'll be hard pushed to fail to attend the 2nd visit.
Old 20-02-12, 11:22 AM   #47
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

No worries n.b.to everyone else, the April edition will now be 100% whinge free you know I wuv ya weally yew cute wittle man xxxx

Old 20-02-12, 11:42 AM   #48
AndyBrad

ok just out of curiosity.

ive got a gt zum (hybrid) the bigegst tyres i can get on it are 2" (just ive tried 2.1 but the frame stays rub a lot, it just clears with 2")

so im thinking. to try and get a suspension bike whats stopping me putting some suspension forks off ebay (ive seen there about 20 quid) onto my bike. thus giving me a fully functioning mtb? or am i missing something thats different between a hybrid and mtb?
Old 20-02-12, 11:53 AM   #49
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

The difference tends to be forks, gearing and rims / tyres.

The frame for the gt zum is actually quite good and should be more than strong enough. You could technically buy some forks off ebay etc - but you will also need a new headset etc to fit the forks to the bike - unless you have the tools to remove the existing crown race from the existing fork (a pain to do to be honest).

The gears etc would be no issue......would then just need to find the right kind of tyres.

You could, if you were very careful, get away with using a Hybrid round Dalby - but I don't think it would be fun at all.....you would end up walking down the majority of the down hill parts etc - or if you did ride down them - some of the drop off's would be not only be painful but could damage your bike.

If it was me.....I would be booking one of these.....

http://www.purplemountain.co.uk/dalby/bike/bike-hire/

£30 for a full day on a decent enough hardtail - wouldn't have to worry about the bike so much and you could focus on the riding etc. Should you get the bug......then you could look at investing in a MTB over the coming months etc....just my view.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 12:02 PM   #50
AndyBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul the 6th View Post
that would make sense since my bike is a spesh & i'm the spesh brand whöre with spesh gloves & spesh shoes :d
i allways said you were spethial paul