SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 22-02-09, 08:15 PM   #41
Sally

Default Re: Largs Ice Cream: Attendees

Was tempted to put these on my DL handguards, put saoralba on them, so people know can remember names and that, and they look all plain and boring as theyre all black..

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/moto...ent_prod/30790
Haha

Last edited by Sally; 22-02-09 at 08:21 PM.
Old 22-02-09, 08:56 PM   #42
Tiger 55

Was a grand day out that. Good work KG for herding the cats. Two rideouts in a row! And good to see some fresh meat for the grinder, I mean new faces as well as some old faces, even the ones on four wheels

Great roads too, got my juices flowing to go a bit further next time out.

Holy crap was it hot in that pub though! Finally gave up on a table for 10 and then gave up totally when they had no kids menu. KFC was smashing though...

Here's as many as fit in the frame at the start. Notice that everybody is ready, while they guy leading is busy taking blurry photos. Oops
l-r ibshort, DarrenSV650S, Kilted Ginger, Peterco, Hovis, Suicide Sam, cant tell

Altogether now, a life on the ocean wave a home on the rolling deep. Who's idea was it to get the ferry? Genius! We should have a ferry trip on every rideout.
l-r Peterco, Hillbillies x 2, ibshort, Hovis, DarrenSV650S, STRAMASHER, -Ralph-

Purely advisory sign, strictly for landlubbers.

Old 23-02-09, 08:51 AM   #43
ibshort

it was an awesome run, got the bike on saturday, so got a fair few miles in yesterday!!! Great management of the run, junctions marked etc, me and darren got a bit lost on the way back home lol, managed to find our ways back though!

Great to meet some new faces aswell!

Thanks to everyone who made it happen!
________
Web shows

Last edited by ibshort; 19-08-11 at 12:21 AM.
Old 23-02-09, 09:34 AM   #44
dawn07

Yes thanks again to everyone. Although there was no pressure to go fast [ I just passed my test July 08] please pap me at the back next time! Kept wondering why the bikes behind me didn't overtake me 'coz I was going quite slow! Practice makes perfect as they say, so guess I'll be more confident next time. Thanks to kg for organising a great day. Hope to see you soon Dx
Old 23-02-09, 10:02 AM   #45
Kilted Ginger

Thats one of the best thing about our rides, there never is any pressure to go any faster than you fel comfortable with, There is no "strict order" so anyone who wants to overtake can, or if they are happy sitting where they are its all good. As long as noone passes the leader and the TEC stays at the back it always tends to go smoothly, as long as folk rember to mark the junctions
Glad everyone enjoyed it, was a good day and the weather was kind considering its February. Nice to meet some new faces and catch up with some older ones.

Suicide, sorry if dissappeard on the way home, was in a bit of a hurry.

Good to see Jb looking so well.

Dawn, you're better going at the front if you feel you are running slightly slower than others, then if they want to pass they will, that way you dont arrive at the regroups last and feel you're holdiing folk up, which your not.

Award of the day to Kate for voulenteering to flit a small villages posessions whilst on a ride out, didn't realise you'd been camping for 3 weeks

Take care out there
Old 23-02-09, 06:59 PM   #46
Kate SV650

Yeah! All I needed was my passport and I would have been off!
Apologies to Tiger 55. He probably thought he was getting an extra couple of lodgers last night - Peterco and my-self were in the wrong (filter) lane (decided to follow Tiger instead!) Doh! Glad Peterco was paying attention!
Great day yesterday. Thanks to everyone for organizing it!
Oil light update - my mechanic (OH) took the belly-pan off and then removed the oil pressure switch rubbery cap. Oh dear! All very rusty in there. When I saw the state of it, it looks pretty much like that is what was wrong.
By the way, I'll say it again, LOVED the two corners after the petrol fill-up at Largs. I'll need to drag the OH over there to show him that wee road!
Old 23-02-09, 09:36 PM   #47
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibshort View Post
me and darren got a bit lost on the way back home lol, managed to find our ways back though!
Yeh just as well I had the satnav
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-09, 07:52 AM   #48
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate SV650 View Post
Apologies to Tiger 55. He probably thought he was getting an extra couple of lodgers last night - Peterco and my-self were in the wrong (filter) lane (decided to follow Tiger instead!) Doh!
Lol! No apology required, I mean "SV Ecossers in Wrong Way shock!" isn't much of a headline is it?
Old 24-02-09, 08:25 AM   #49
ibshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Yeh just as well I had the satnav
Wheres the fun in that...
________
Colorado Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by ibshort; 19-08-11 at 12:21 AM.
Old 24-02-09, 09:14 PM   #50
dawn07

Thanks for letting me join you on Sunday guys! Had a good run on the bike.
Perhaps next time Dawn will go all the way! Oh er mrs!
Hovis