SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-12-10, 02:28 PM   #41
stewie

Default Re: So whats your plans for 2011 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
My my 2010 was not the best, pretty stressful, crap job, no money... then got better in the second half with a new job.

So 2011..

I want to actually ride my bike, didn't get much riding done in 2010 because of money and then time.

I want to go camping on my bike in Scotland (far north), bought a tiny tent and tiny sleeping bag already for this.

I want to go to europe for at least 7 days, maybe longer... I had to pull out of a trip in 2009 because of jobs and beed gutted about it ever since.... so this year I have saved a **** load and will go without worrying. As a minimum I want to make a racket through the Monaco tunnel in just shorts and flip flops.

I want to start enjoying myself mainly, without always worrying and stressing.
I seem to remember you mentioning about joining the RAF or Army ? still thinking about it ?
Old 30-12-10, 02:36 PM   #42
anna
Mega Poster

I think the best way to describe 2010 for me has been a steady plod.

The highlights of 2010 for me have been the welcome visits from certain .org members. It has made my year to have you visit and stay with us.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 06:49 PM   #43
Seggons

75% of 2010 has been really rubbish. I was in a job I hated on very little money so I was constantly saving and couldn't afford to buy things I needed. Plus the short relationship I had finished at the start of the year and one of my nan's died recently to top it off. But on the up side the end of the year was alright. Started a new job that I'm really getting to grips with and financially things are starting to free themselves up a bit so I've decided 2011 is going to be my year after a tough 2010.
Old 30-12-10, 06:52 PM   #44
Iansv II

Survive...
Old 30-12-10, 07:13 PM   #45
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I havent made any...

I hope that I keep my job and thats where my focus will be. I suspect a move to Southampton ish kind of area is on the cards towards the later part of next year to.

What with that and my dad starting his radiotherapy next year, I thinking its going to be a stressful one.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 08:56 PM   #46
Milky Bar Kid

My plans...well, my plans are the same as usual, keep on keeping on really.
Old 30-12-10, 09:10 PM   #47
Swin

Give up smoking is the main one, but I'm a serial failer at that
My arthritic spine would probably appreciate me losing a couple of stone!

I think I will also probably try to engage brain before I reply too...
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 09:11 PM   #48
Swin

(can't edit at work)

Get the last two tattoos done is also a 2011 job, Sleeve for left arm and my left leg has a reserved spot for my avatar on it
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-10, 12:27 AM   #49
Cazza

I really hope that 2011 is better for all those who've had a crap time recently - it's such a shame to read about all of the difficult times and situations some of you have had / are having.

My plan is to plan less. How's that for a plan?

Wishing everyone a happ(y)(ier) 2011.
Old 31-12-10, 06:12 PM   #50
Speedy Claire

Was looking for the like button for the above post but then realised i`m not on facebook!

Will echo Cazza`s words and hope it`s a better year for all who have had such a hard time during 2010.

I`m hoping that in 2011 I`ll gain my employers agreement to allow me a career break so I can go and do some voluntary work in Africa. They`ve turned down my initial request but I`m able to appeal so fingers crossed.

I don`t have any New Year resolutions as such... I want to continue with my weight loss and become fitter and healthier and I plan on seeing a lot more of the good friends i`ve made on here and create some new and extremely happy memories.

Happy new year everyone x