SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-09-07, 02:14 PM   #41
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Gold digging Ex-wives!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
But you still havent said who is was directed at, did you omit the name of the "lazy bint" that you were referring to? IMO if it was directed at Mother's in general then that is a personal attack.
A personal attack would be if i referred to you as a lazy bint, which i have not.

My comment was:

"The best solution is for the wife to look after the kids, until they are old enough to attend school. Then the lazy bint should go back to work....job done."

That is quite obviously a hypothetical situation....how someone can garner anything other than that, from the quote, really is beyond me! In the same paragraph i futher expalin that my observations are based on my own experiences. As i have never met you, i fail to see how my comments are relevant to yourself!
Old 24-09-07, 02:22 PM   #42
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
I wrote a pre-nup type agreement before I moved in with my girlfriend, never mind before we got married. Personally, I think you'd have to be insane (or just very, very naive) not to, these days.
Do you really think that.......? Personally if my partner demanded a pre-nup I would be questioning whether or not she was the right person for me and she feels the same visa versa as we dicussed it after one of my friends told me to write one up when we were buying a house.

If you dont love and trust your partner to that extent then dont take such a big step.

I throughly believe that to many people rush into their relationships having kids and buying houses......thats why there is so many single parents and messy divorces.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 03:02 PM   #43
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Do you really think that.......? Personally if my partner demanded a pre-nup I would be questioning whether or not she was the right person for me and she feels the same visa versa as we dicussed it after one of my friends told me to write one up when we were buying a house.

If you dont love and trust your partner to that extent then dont take such a big step.

I throughly believe that to many people rush into their relationships having kids and buying houses......thats why there is so many single parents and messy divorces.
That is all well and good in theory, everyone marries thinking it will last forever etc, no one want it to end.

But people do split up, and if say you have worked hard for a while got your own place stuff investments then why should you leave yourself open to having everything you worked towards before this person came along taken away??

Yes share the benefits while together etc, but why should they have half f something they never contributed to before??

I think a pre-nup is like insurance. You never know!!

No one wants to crash their bike but if you do you have an insurance against it.

If I happen to get married for a second time I will insist on one, with express instructions detailing my pension.

Which leads me onto an other point:

A service man could get married a few times and divorced as well, would he then have to give a bit to each gold digger( sorry wife LOL )
Old 24-09-07, 03:11 PM   #44
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
That is all well and good in theory, everyone marries thinking it will last forever etc, no one want it to end.

But people do split up, and if say you have worked hard for a while got your own place stuff investments then why should you leave yourself open to having everything you worked towards before this person came along taken away??

Yes share the benefits while together etc, but why should they have half f something they never contributed to before??

I think a pre-nup is like insurance. You never know!!

No one wants to crash their bike but if you do you have an insurance against it.

If I happen to get married for a second time I will insist on one, with express instructions detailing my pension.

Which leads me onto an other point:

A service man could get married a few times and divorced as well, would he then have to give a bit to each gold digger( sorry wife LOL )
Fair point.

The only option is to use some of that pension to hire a pikey with a transit van and his own black bags. Gold Digger =
Old 24-09-07, 03:15 PM   #45
sarah

This thread is so funny.

When you marry you are essentially entering into a legally binding contract to share everything 50/50 with the other person. If you decide you divorce then you are breaking the contract. Pre-nups aren't valid here (as ASM said before) so are totally pointless. If you don't want to share everything 50/50, then don't get married. SIMPLE.
Old 24-09-07, 03:20 PM   #46
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
If you don't want to share everything 50/50, then don't get married. SIMPLE.
My point too, and other side of that, if your getting married why would you be thinking about sharing stuff 50/50 between each other.

Last edited by plowsie; 24-09-07 at 03:28 PM.
Old 24-09-07, 03:25 PM   #47
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
This thread is so funny.

When you marry you are essentially entering into a legally binding contract to share everything 50/50 with the other person. If you decide you divorce then you are breaking the contract. Pre-nups aren't valid here (as ASM said before) so are totally pointless. If you don't want to share everything 50/50, then don't get married. SIMPLE.
After 5 years of co-inhabiting I'm pretty sure you have the same rights as if you were married, or near as damned the same right anyway.

I', counting the years go by........ 7 years and counting dammit lol......and still not married, although i probably would if i could afford it.
Old 24-09-07, 03:32 PM   #48
neio79

Quote:
This thread is so funny.

sorry but i dont remember part of my wedding vowes saying yes i want to allow you to have half of what i have ever owened even if i got it before you came along! and then if we dont last please feel free to try and destroy me financially and mentally.

did yours??
Old 24-09-07, 03:33 PM   #49
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
sorry but i dont remember part of my wedding vowes saying yes i want to allow you to have half of what i have ever owened even if i got it before you came along! and then if we dont last please feel free to try and destroy me financially and mentally.
Oops.
Old 24-09-07, 03:34 PM   #50
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
After 5 years of co-inhabiting I'm pretty sure you have the same rights as if you were married, or near as damned the same right anyway.

I', counting the years go by........ 7 years and counting dammit lol......and still not married, although i probably would if i could afford it.
Er nope. No such thing as a 'common law' spouse. Live together for 20 years, it makes no difference. If Mr owns the house, he can kick 'Mrs' out. The non-owner has absolutely no rights unless s/he can prove a direct financial contribution. Doing the dishes, decorating, cleaning, cooking, bringing up kids - all irrelevant. See, money talks.