SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 14-06-09, 10:30 PM   #41
DaveP

Default Re: Racing at 3 Sisters Wigan 14th June

and but still ended
Old 15-06-09, 12:24 PM   #42
mister c
Mega Poster

Sorry I haven't posted, but I ended up at A & E yesterday, then stopped at Becky's last night & she hasn't got a PC.
1st off, many thanks to the people that came down to watch me make a prat of myself lol & secondly lots & lots of thanks to the people that gave me a hand after my off, you lot are absolute stars

Right, story of my 1st race day ever.

Went out for practice in the morning & thought the bike felt brilliant, I did about 6 laps & came in feeling very happy.
My lad went out for the 1st race of the meet & finished 3rd, I am so proud of him it is amazing, nice one Matty

Race 4 came up, so I lined up with 125's, 400's & anything else that fell into the up to 500 catagory in 12th position. My start was absolutely garbage & dropped back quite a bit. I had a dice with a lad on a VFR400 & eventually passed him coming into "Joeys". I pulled about 3 -4 seconds on him by the end of the race & finished in 12th. I was so pleased. i wasn't last & I did pass someone, so happy days.

Race 10, Formula 400 & mini twins.
I pulled out grid position number 3 & thought bugger that, so picked place 11. My start was slightly better, but got swallowed up by the 650's, there was a bit of a mess into the 1st corner with one lad ending up going wide & ending up on the grass, meant I had gained a place I was catching another rider, so tried a little too hard. As I came down the start finish, I had it in my mind I would outbrake him into the 1st corner. This was a big problem because while I was on the front brake my brain told me I was going in too quick, so I tipped into the corner with the brake still on. The bike said no & the next thing I know is I am on the floor at about 75 miles an hour heading for the barrier. The bike hit the tyre wall, then I hit the bike, still doing about 30 mph. I was winded, but my head told me to get up & get out of the way, so got up. The brilliant marshalls were there in a flash & luckily I crashed next to an Ambulance, so stumbled over to it.

They took me over to the clinic & checked me over in the Ambulance & told me that there were no broken bones, just soft tissue damage. I opened the door to the Ambulance to be met by Becky & a bunch of reprobates known from the .org, & Quiff with his camera, caught me with my pants down (Literally ). Again, many thanks people, I really do class you as good friends

My lad had a trophy to collect, so I was going to wait & see him recieve it, but as the day went on I was finding it harder & harder to breath, so left & called at Leighton Hospital for a checkup.
They thought I may have punctured my lung because I was struggling to breath, but after ECG, Blood test & Xrays it turns out I have cracked 2 ribs. I will be honest & say that I am so lucky to come away from that virtually unscathed, I am now wondering if it may be a very short racing career lol. Becky has told me to do something less dangerous, like hangliding.

I still cant thank you lot enough, cheers people Quiff, be nice to see that pic
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-09, 12:51 PM   #43
DaveP

Colin up untill that point i have to say this day was one of the best days i have had for a long time... It was brilliant to be part of it all and i envy you for having the balls to bet on the track in the first place!! From what i saw you were as good as many of them out there and could well hold your own against more experienced riders.. on bigger bike to boot.
Looking back there were a number of inicidents where riders seemed to push it a bit too much through out the day.... If you don't decide to call it a day then i for one cant wait for the next event.

Good to hear that there is nothing more serious than a few cracked ribs...I thought that ankle may well have been worse....

You sure know how to shift a tyre wall

for the .org rolling cannon ball!!!

Nice one col.

Dave
Old 15-06-09, 12:59 PM   #44
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I am now wondering if it may be a very short racing career lol.

You could just make an end to braking mid whilst cranked over.

I bet you would have made it if you had lifted off the brakes.

Glad you came out of it unscathed.
Old 15-06-09, 01:01 PM   #45
plowsie

Ahh sugar mate, sorry to see that you came off Well done on the 12th
Old 15-06-09, 01:14 PM   #46
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
You could just make an end to braking mid whilst cranked over.

I bet you would have made it if you had lifted off the brakes.

Glad you came out of it unscathed.
Inexperience G, that's what i put it down to. Red Mist & stupidity, but that's the way to learn I suppose, I wont do it again, that's for sure lol.
My mate took a few shots, so here you go.

Old 15-06-09, 01:30 PM   #47
flymo
Mega Poster

At least you lived to tell the tale and have the option to fight another day.

The bike doesnt look too badly bashed up (apart from the rear wheel missing ), have you had a chance to give it a good once over and check the damage out?

If I were you I would get back out as soon as you get the opportunity and then decide if its what you want to do. If you dont give it a try it will niggle at you forever.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-09, 01:59 PM   #48
mister c
Mega Poster

Lent the rear wheel to a lad that was disqualified in the 1st race for using cut slicks (pillock). The bike actually started 1st prod of the button which amazed me. It doesn't look too bad, just cosmetics. When I feel a little better I will strip her down & have a proper nosey.

Last edited by mister c; 15-06-09 at 02:01 PM.
Old 15-06-09, 02:56 PM   #49
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

you had a nice lump of mud n grass up yer back passage ! exhaust ..

glad you ok Col.. was a good day .. hey it could have ended worse.. we were all brickin it when we saw you come off.. I got some oics of you etc but only cos we wanted know if u ok so used the zoom .. and saw you were walking.

didnt get one of you in the ambulane as it goes.. although would have been good to have opened the doors and got ya in yer grunts showing yer limp.. leg limp!!

you did well to walk away so think positive.

me post me pics in a min.. oh me n Miss YC got some ace ones of number 77 cos we thought he was you first race lol..
Old 15-06-09, 05:33 PM   #50
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

ok my pics..

Col getting ready for the first race..

arty one... not col though-

bit of tread left on some of these..

ready for the off.. nervous??

a friend of colins had this nice bike ..if you like that kind of thing. !!

ace pic (one of many ) of number 77.. til realised thats not col..

here is colin..

some poor bod had an off in cols first race.. taste of things to come eh..

Bike in one piece ..

the man himself

not his beer I hasten to add.